I WANT TO GO ON A RETREAT!!!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Originally Posted by Ragann63
Check with a local church (my parents go to the Presbyterian one in Mountain View, I think!) You may be able to use the social hall free if a member is involved, or at least for a nominal fee if no member. That would give you a large room with plenty of tables, chairs, electric and probably a kitchen! Just an idea for you...
Mountain View AR or Mountain View MO?
That would be a good idea but the thing with retreats is that you want to be able to leave your stuff out on the tables & scattered around on the walls, etc. I just don't think I would want to leave my stuff out -- in a church or elsewhere. Maybe I'm just strange :roll:
Here's a place I've been in touch with about their facilities: http://shadylanecabins.com
the cabins look good & not too expensive, the motel is good too. I just don't know if they have a room that would suit us for sewing in. I will let you know what I find out.
She lives in Missouri. Hope you guys have a great time!! For those of you who have never done a retreat - go!!! We are heading to our fifth one this year!! So much fun and sometimes you actually get some sewing done!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Google Goddess

also you could stay in a nice hotel with adjourning rooms to set up sewing tables or ask them if they have a room for all of you to set up your sewing machines to sew and could lock it up when you are not in the room sewing

lots of ideas, bed and breakfast, etc.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM

But I've already been on 3 retreats recently! Just got home from the last one yesterday. They are such fun!

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
outside of BRanson in the town of Ozark is a B&B called Barnagain...call them...get some friends and GO...they have a great place...AND in town is a sewing shop you can go and rent space to sew! She has the machines and everything!

http://www.bbonline.com/mo/barnagain/
thank you! this sounds like just what we need.
But we need some more people who are interested. Come on, you folks in Missouri & Arkansas, Kansas or even OK!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 AM

I would love to come.... where is it and when and how.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 AM

If you are serious about wanting to come to this retreat, here's the dates.
November 3, Thursday late afternoon; November 4, Friday; goes till Saturday about noon or 2 pm.
I'm going to see the guy with the cabins on Thursday if we get enough interest. If not, it will be cancelled on Wednesday.
The place is the one in Eminence MO - Shady Lane Cabins. It's right on the Jacks Fork River & is beautiful. Look back through my posts here to see what it looks like.
If you can & want to come, please PM me.
Libbiebean, this includes you. I was a bit hasty with my PM's last night. Get in touch with a moderator (PatriceJ) to have them delete your email addy.
PM me if you want to come & I will give more details on costs.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 AM

i would love to go but have a commitment on the first friday let me know if you ever plan another
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
i would love to go but have a commitment on the first friday let me know if you ever plan another
Bummer, Nancy...this sounds like a lot of fun....I sent pm and will decide...my big hang up is I have a LOT to get done before then! LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 PM

I would like to attend but I have been only quilting for a little while. I live in MO. Can drive a few hours if there is anyone from the Cape area let me know. please let me know what , where & when thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 PM

OK, ladies. I need to know if anyone wants to & can come to a retreat the first week of November.
I'm thinking Thursday, Friday & Saturday for sure & we can go till Sunday if you want to.
The large cabins are $99 a night. If we have 4 of us it would be $25 each per night. If we have 6, that would be $16 each per night.
There's a kitchen in each cabin where we could heat up a pizza or soup, grilled cheese sandwiches -- something simple.
The place is beautiful! Right on the river.
I drove through it awhile ago but didn't get to speak to the owner/manager. I'll call him & go back to look at the facilities that he thinks would work for us.
PM me if you can come to this.
If we went through Sunday at noon, we could drive down to Batesville to go to Marshall's Dry Goods on that Friday. There's also a quilt shop in Birch Tree(I haven't been but it sounds good) & one in Mountain View MO. There's also a Gammill Longarm quilting machine store in West Plains.
Let's see if we can get at least 4 of us who can go & it wouldn't be very expensive at all.
Here's the details I have for now. It will definitely end at 11 am on Saturday unless we pay a bit more to go later in the afternoon.
A map of where it is located is attached. Let me know if you have any other questions.
And let me know a definite answer -- yes or no --by noon tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-269855.jpe
Views:	71
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	269908  
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 PM

Sis, do you know the tessman in waupun