Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch regulators >

Stitch regulators

Stitch regulators

Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by NewsletterBot
I like to stipple areas of my quilts. Stippling can be hard work....I understand that there is now available a "stitch regulator" for home sewing machines that is suppose to make this easier. Do you have any information about these stitch regulators. I have a pfaff machine and would be interested in getting one if they "work."

Eunice
Eunice - If I am not mistaken, there are two available for Pfaff. One is called the Fabric Mover and the other is Fab-U-Motion. I think that the Mover was the first and the other was the newer follow on (different manufactures as well)

They work pretty well (very similar to the Viking ones). However the actual quilting area is on the small size and you need to move it often. I am not sure that I would want to quilt a queen size quilt on them - but I will tell you that on small projects they are great. I think it also depends on the machine that you have. You would have to do some research on it.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM

Is there a stitch regulator for the Viking Lily 545?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Stitch regulators are made for straight stitch machines mounted on a frame. The machines are reasonably priced at around $600. They only have a 9 inch throat space.
The stitch regulator costs $500.
Then you need a frame. You can get small ones that only hold a crib size or you can get one that can be set up small or large. I opted for large.
By the time I added the delivery and install it ran me $2300.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Kathy,
I have the Bernina, Aurora 440 and paid a little over $3000. Still a lot but not bad when I compare it to my husbands newest apple computer at the time! :lol:

I bought my machine at a quilt fair and got "such a deal!" Oh, well. I wanted it and I had worked a long time. It's time to play now! I do like my toys just as much as my husband likes his!
Ever notice how those Apple and other computers kept coming down and down in price even as their power increased almost exponentially, while those computerized sewing machines went up and up?? Computers and software keep getting cheaper and more powerful. Why not sewing machines?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Polo
Is there a stitch regulator for the Viking Lily 545?
I have the Lily 545 and last time I checked with the Viking dealer (about a year ago) it was not available for that machine.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply.