Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Just stepped on the scale. I did not lose over the weekend, but remained the same. Our grandson from Finland was back in the states. We basically celebrated all day. It is a new day, so a new start. Everyone have a good week.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 AM

LOl... your plane stories are funny. Luckily I have a skinny butt with a big belly so I typically fit in the seat, I also fly with my 5 year old son, so I don't have to worry about who sits next to me. My problem is that I am taller - so leg room as always been the issue....and I have very top heavy. For some reason I always end up with the recliner in front of me. Last time I flew to Texas for my cousins wedding, I was studying and the guy (who had the exit row with lots of room) decided to recline, and my text book bounced off my boobs and ended up hitting him on top of the head.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, keep it going.

and to answer last weeks question my real name is Katrina
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Hi everyone. Glad to see most are doing well. To the rest I hope this week will be a good week. I just weighed in and I lose 5 lbs. So a total of 8 lbs this month. I only get to record the last 5 on my ticker because of the 3 I gained last month and I didn't change it.
Did anyone try the Chicken stirfry recipe I posted? The picture wasn't that great but it is so good.
We got some wonderful news over the weekend. My nephew will be home next weekend from Aphganistan. He's been gone over a year. We are so happy and proud of him and all the soldiers.
Hope we all have a great week of losing. Positive thoughts going out to all.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM

Lynne, what a cute pattern. I'd like to see more of the quilt under it, too. Very pretty colors. I am definitely a dog person. I like cats, but only for other people. When you live alone, animals are definitely a reason to get up in the morning and the committment to their exercise increases mine. When I gave my husband of 42 years the boot, I got a Siberian/wolf puppy. My husband walked around muttering, "I'm being replaced by a da--ed dog."

Katrina, that's too funny. Did the guy put his seat back up? My oldest granddaugher shares your name. At the time she was born I had a Malamute named Katrina Katu. She was called Katu. When my daughter named the baby Katrina her little brother told her that was his dog's name. She was not happy, but I laughed. My Katrina was named first.

Jeri, Eight pounds? Excellent!

I always I'm glad to hear of all the weight losses. Slow and steady wins the race.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 AM

I just watched the finale of All American Handyman on hgtv. I think Xylie and Mim could have given them a run for their money. There was a woman in the final 3.
I did not eat a snack last night. A small victory! I still gained 2 lbs over the weekend. Too much celebrating, I guess, with Kelsey coming home. At least the cake is gone now so that is out of my face.
Jeri, I haven't tried your recipe yet. Maybe later this week. So happy for you and your family that you nephew is coming home. Thank God for these young people who are willing to serve our country to protect our freedom.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 AM

Pam, I gained a few pounds this week too...we had 3 birthdays so it was a lot of eating out and a bite of cake here & there. Today is another day & I am starting over..we can work it together!

Lynne, you are a rock star for remembering so many chats! Do you keep notes? What a sweetie you are :)

I can relate to the no leg room chatter. I am 5'10" and have always had to suffer with that. It did hide my fat for a while tho!

How are y'all doing with your taboo food? I was not so good this week but after all tomorrow is another day/week. Don't forget to PM me your suggestions.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Dody, I am 5'9" so I have always had the legroom problem too. But it is helpful for hiding fat. I had a woman comment recently about my being tall and thin. That was nice to hear even though I know the truth.
I weighed myself again, 3 hours later, and the 2 lbs are gone. Huh! Does that count as a 2 lb loss for the month?
My son just left for Milwaukee to watch the Brewers in the playoff game. Time to put on an exercise dvd.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM

whooohoo for that 2 pounds disappearing! Maybe I should go weigh myself again!!! I wish!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Good morning all. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better and taking off the pounds. Unfortunately, I'm still sitting here on my "plateau." We had a house guest last week for several days so I did a lot of cooking and baking that I wouldn't normally do. I was able to fend off most of the "bad" foods but did devour a few more carbs/calories than I should have. I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I've been really good for the last 60+ days and a small break won't damage my resolve. I am in control!

Hope you all have a good week.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 AM

HI Ladies, I was reading about so many of us that hit plateaus and don't move. I was talking to a guy that works for Total Health and Fitness here and he said that when you hit a plateau then to up your calories a little bit maybe 150 or so. That will help get your body burning again. I know it helped me. Good Luck.