Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Ok partner, picture taken and ready to post if you need it. Post Office is closed today, will go tomorrow you should have it thursday or friday..... hope you like ???????!

I'm sure I will love whatever you send, now I will mark the calendar to start stalking the letter carrier next week .......lurking, checking mail box twice daily, making sure regular letter carrier is not on vacation, don't want it delivered to wrong house on the block, etc, etc, etc!

Originally Posted by Judith1005
Well, the quilt is quilted, labeled and the binding is is almost finished. When it is completed do you want me to post a picture before I put it in the mail? Or do you want to be surprised, it is up to you partner.
please don't post the picture. i want to be suprised. but, please take a picture. right now i have a terrible camera. just in case i can't get a picture of your lovely creation. mine is going to take about 3 more days before i can send. i hope you'll think it's worth the wait.

:D :D
lol, made me laugh. i know i will love it. i have lots of wall space to fill with lovely handmade quilts. and yours will be the first.

:-D
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Bonni, All the best to you and your brother as you go through this journey to restore his health..it's good he has you for support. You both are in my prayers.
Ditto Bonni..........
Old 10-10-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin
Originally Posted by Linny
Bonni, All the best to you and your brother as you go through this journey to restore his health..it's good he has you for support. You both are in my prayers.
Ditto Bonni..........
Thanks everybody. They found he has/had a bleeding ulcer and cleared up that problem. That will go a long way in his recovery.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM

That's great news Bonnie, from what I had envisioned. Glad to hear you bro is on the uphill side in his recovery. Please keep us posted.....
Old 10-10-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Wow, I thought I had bookmarked to watch this board but I guess I didn't. Sorry for not posting earlier. Have been caught up with my brother being in the hospital and taking care of his personal stuff also. Anyway....I'm happy that I have Jennifer for my partner. She might go blind with what I am making since it is B...R...I...G...H...T!!!!! From some fabric I was using for another project that I gave up on and am turning it into something bright for you. Your Quilting in the New Year gift will be more tame (we are actually partners in two different swaps!). :)
I like BRIGHT. :) Makes me think happy things. :)

I'm working on your quilt top for this one, and I've finished my idea and made the pattern for the Quilting in the New Year.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM

Ok partner, picture taken and ready to post if you need it. Post Office is closed today, will go tomorrow you should have it thursday or friday..... hope you like ???????!

I'm sure I will love whatever you send, now I will mark the calendar to start stalking the letter carrier next week .......lurking, checking mail box twice daily, making sure regular letter carrier is not on vacation, don't want it delivered to wrong house on the block, etc, etc, etc!

Well, the quilt is quilted, labeled and the binding is is almost finished. When it is completed do you want me to post a picture before I put it in the mail? Or do you want to be surprised, it is up to you partner.
please don't post the picture. i want to be suprised. but, please take a picture. right now i have a terrible camera. just in case i can't get a picture of your lovely creation. mine is going to take about 3 more days before i can send. i hope you'll think it's worth the wait.

lol, made me laugh. i know i will love it. i have lots of wall space to fill with lovely handmade quilts. and yours will be the first.

I'm done partner. Your doll quilt will be winging it's way to you tomorrow. And i'm pretty excited. I really like how it came out. i hope you do to.

:D
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Wow, I thought I had bookmarked to watch this board but I guess I didn't. Sorry for not posting earlier. Have been caught up with my brother being in the hospital and taking care of his personal stuff also. Anyway....I'm happy that I have Jennifer for my partner. She might go blind with what I am making since it is B...R...I...G...H...T!!!!! From some fabric I was using for another project that I gave up on and am turning it into something bright for you. Your Quilting in the New Year gift will be more tame (we are actually partners in two different swaps!). :)
I like BRIGHT. :) Makes me think happy things. :)

I'm working on your quilt top for this one, and I've finished my idea and made the pattern for the Quilting in the New Year.
That's good. It will be put in the mail to you tomorrow and then I can think on the Quilting in the New Year one that I have to do for you (and my second partner). LOL.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy fay1
I'm stuck. Don't have a clue as to what to make for my dq partner.
I've been waiting for a reason to make the block i made, and i really like it! What block do you really like? Throw fally colors on it and it'll be in the fall theme!
How about a pumkin?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:48 PM

I put a note out in the mailbox to warn my letter carrier that I am looking for a special envelope. He knows that means something quilted. I have him hooked, if I am home when he comes, he waits on the porch for me to open it so he can see it. The neighbor takes in may mail sometimes when it is a package so it doesnt sit on my porch and her grown sons come running over with the box or priority envelope so they can see what is inside. It is nice to share the pretty things I get.

I'm done partner. Your doll quilt will be winging it's way to you tomorrow. And i'm pretty excited. I really like how it came out. i hope you do to.

:D
Old 10-10-2011, 07:51 PM

quiltingkrazy-- ok if i just call you krazy? ;)! i have all the fabrics i need to make most of your dq. still waiting for my inspiration piece to come in! should (!) be today! this holiday stuff (y'all know columbus was a very bad man, right?) is very annoying when you are waiting for mail!!! anyway, so far i have had a blast getting ready to do this quilt. it is mostly an original design. and as you can tell i'm pretty excited about it. if you like it half as much as i think i'm going to, then i'll be satisfied. 8-) i just might have to make one for myself! lol