Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Good evening friends. What a hectic day! Did not get structured exercise in. Tomorrow I will pull out my beloved Gilad dvd. I don't think he hurts my knees.

katvert, I had to laugh out loud at your plane story. I am 5'3" and I still think there isn't enough leg room on any airplane. I REALLY feel for those of you who are taller- how uncomfortable you must be in flight.

bjeriann, jeepers creepers! Eight pounds! That is almost a pound a day. woohoo! I haven't tried your recipe yet, but it is on my list.

beachbound, actually, yes, I do take notes so that I can respond with some level of accuracy. Otherwise I'd be saying jibberish. Nope, I failed your taboo food challenge last week.

Podunk Princess, you are right. YOU are in control. Remain diligent and that plateau will break. There is no way of knowing how close you are to that right now. Stay strong.

BettyKay, thanks for the tip. I have a tendency to reduce my calories too much.

marscrafter, with all our resolve this morning, DH comes in from shopping and hands me a box of Nutty-Buddies. I put them in the fridge - outta sight, outta mind. If I leave them in there long enough, HE will eat them.

mim, I feel betrayed when I have no willpower. I get angry that I am controlled by outside elements. I am mostly angry that I give those elements that power against me. How do YOU feel?

Sheila_H, don't get discouraged, get even. Get back on program and those 2#'s are history.

nancia, are you talking about the blocks from boom 5? I am still missing several and need to update the thread. Did you watch the Rangers this evening? I almost threw my laptop off my lap when Cruz (?) hit the grand slam.

Ritasmom, I think a little of the real thing, ie sugar, is better than anything phoney. DH brought in a 2 liter of the new diet DP that has only 10 calories. Big deal. It has aspartame and I don't do aspartame.

Judy, you got me to thinking; I've never taken a photo of the quilt on my bed. So, after gettin offline this morning, went to make my bed and discovered the sheets were wet. (We have waterbeds in this house) NOT a good thing. I have to drain the bed before I can repair it and decided to wash the pads and sheets. I take the quilt outside to dry and air out. It is my very favorite. I love the soft fabric and it is big enough to wrap up in. It is one of my very first quilts - made when we were living in our RV in Washington state.

Strip Bow Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269316[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-269263.jpe
Views:	22
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	269316  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 PM

I love the colors in your quilt Lynne
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Leann, Beautiful quilt. The colors are great.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Beautiful quilt. The colors are so pretty. Putting colors together is an art that you do very well.

Dogs are walked - no speed records. Ladder work is so hard on my aging body. I'm having a snack attack, but it's crunchy and salty I want and there are no chips in the house. I saw the 33 cent bags at the store today, but my gall bladder said to leave them there. I will survive without any, I'm sure.

I can't have my picture taken until I wash my hair. Every time it got wet today, then dried, it became curlier. I look like Little Orphan Annie - a head full of red curls.

Rest time over - I need to dry my shoes and get back to the quilt.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Lynne, your quilt is gorgeous! Too bad about your water bed. I hope you can fix it. I had a water bed for many years. That was the perfect bed to sleep on during pregnancy.
I did pretty well with food today and got in a little exercise too. Hopefully I can make it through another evening without a snack.
I'll bet my son is having a miserable time at the Brewer game since they are behind 11-2. He paid $100 for that ticket!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Oh my I missed this thread for a few days and had over a dozen pages to read! Now my eyes hurt.

Irishrose I got such a laugh when you said you first called your dog wigglebutt. My cousin named her cat Leaving. Just imagine what the neighbors thought when she would stand on her porch and call for the cat LOL.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Little Moira was 18 months without a home as far as the people who found her could find out. She was so happy to have a warm place to sleep and regular food, that she wiggled over everything - it's been three years and she still does. She's very easy to please.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
xylie-- i had a video chat with olivia and she says hi! she was wearing her RANGERS onesie and her sneaker socks. hate to say it, but she looked just like her daddy! good thing i knew she was a girl! she is cute, and of course, beautiful, but she isn't pretty yet. she looks so much like her dad did, that i feel she looks more like a boy, but her mom says she sees her totally as a girl. (would never tell her i think olivia is not pretty, yet.) she will come into her own as she gets older. she is just adorable!! go rangers! sorry the phillies didn't make it to the world series, but now i don't have a divided allegience.
OH,how cute.I bet she's grown a lot.That's good you get to see her on skype.Well,she is pretty I think.Those pictures you put up were just adorable in that tutu.Tell her we all said hi back!.I can't wait till christmas because I know we'll get more pictures,unless we get some sooner!(wink,wink)
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Oral steroids will do that to me instantly and the strange thing the weight doesn't leave easily. Don't mean to scare you - you're younger and stronger than I am so your body may drop the med pounds quickly. The injected steroids I had this year in my foot and back didn't have the same effect, thank goodness.

It's such a pretty day, I think I'll be stupid and take Cheech and Chong to do the lake walk downtown. They become overexcited and don't listen as well as usual. I wish I had someone to go with me. They each need a lesson, but it has to be individual.

Back to the SM.
It's been nice here too.Boy,I hope those pounds don't hang on.Today I could hardly bend over to tie my shoes.I really feel puffy and fat and still constipated from those pills.My stomach is gurgling and I'm just uncomfortable.I been taking mineral oil to get things moving.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom
I weighed in Saturday. Another 1.4 pounds gone. I had several out of town guests this weekend. My DIL and SIL were here. They are leaving this morning. They are both diabetic and supposedly on strick diets. OMG all they did was eat. Meals snacks etc. I of course had to eat with them. Much as I enjoy their company they need to go before my new smaller pants don't fit. I Am afraid of the scale today. I didn't exercise all weekend either. YIKES! I packed a healthy lunch for work today.
Cindy so glad to hear you are doing better. You are still in my prayers. Hope all continues to go well. Don't rush things as it usually just slows recovery down.
Well,we had a month in july that wasn't great for a lot of us,but we pulled through it.I think your doing great.