Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't remember what it is called....please help >

Can't remember what it is called....please help

Can't remember what it is called....please help

Old 10-11-2011, 04:07 PM

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...ME-SLIDER-.htm
Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 PM

I bought a clear table protector at Walmart and drapped it over my sewing machine and table and cut an opening for the needle. You can get different sizes and it works great.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
For the life of me I can not remember what this is called, and can't find it on the internet.......I think it is a silicone sheet, that is placed over the throat of the sewiing machiine, that allows the fabric to slide more easy when doing quilting, free motion quilting etc.....i thought some one even said once that the silicone sheets they sell for baking could be used.....I thought it was called a "Slip sheet"....but can not find it any where.... I am having a total no recall moment....(had grandkids all week end).........Thank you in advance, I know someone here will have the answer....
I was thinking about asking the same question, I had seen one at a quilt show and wanted to buy it then but didn't . Thanks for asking !!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyR
for those of you that have the plastic covering your table.. do you have it on there all the time? or just when you machine quilt? Does it make all sewing easier?
We bought an extra large piece of vinyl at the fabric store. My table has an "insert area" in the top for my machine. We draped the table w vinyl then stapled it to the underside, also to the underside of the insert. In effect, wrapping the entire table and all edges. Once done we reinserted the machine which sits almost flush w the table top. Since we used heavy duty staples, I doubt I would remove it. My fabric maneuvers easily and it is durable tho I do have to use caution not to hit it w my rotary cutter. I could use a bigger cutting mat. Cost effective and it works!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

I have a supreme slider and thought it worked great. then, one day I started FMQ and it was going fine. Later I realized I forgot the Supreme Slider, and haven't used it since with no problems. I use a mechanical Brother.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Boy, everybody sure has alot of great ideas. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 PM

Think I've seen that at Keepsakequilting.com
Old 10-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
For the life of me I can not remember what this is called, and can't find it on the internet.......I think it is a silicone sheet, that is placed over the throat of the sewiing machiine, that allows the fabric to slide more easy when doing quilting, free motion quilting etc.....i thought some one even said once that the silicone sheets they sell for baking could be used.....I thought it was called a "Slip sheet"....but can not find it any where.... I am having a total no recall moment....(had grandkids all week end).........Thank you in advance, I know someone here will have the answer....
Use thick vinyl instead a heck of a lot cheaper.