Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clover Mini Iron >

Clover Mini Iron

Clover Mini Iron

Old 10-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by judi wess
I bought one about 8 years ago that unforturately had a problem with the temp nob. I can't make it hot enough to make it effective. If it didn't have that problem, I would use it a LOT. I think there is a newer one that has solved that problem but haven't purchased it yet...
Yup this! Mine is from the same time frame.

:hunf:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i have one and use it all the time - almost daily
same here !!! wow sew handy,

next to the machine, small ironing station, every seam gets a press and blocks are really accurate
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 AM

I have one and plugged it in to make sure it works. That's the only time I've ever used it. :cry: Found a black and decker travel iron that I like and do use it some times. :lol: The B&D is much more comfortable in my hand.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 AM

:lol: Fingers were too uncoordinated and I hit send twice. :lol:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 AM

I have one but mine seems to stay in it's case and I use a mini iron when I go to a class or retreat. I have a regular sized iron in my sewing room
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 AM

I have one and haven't used it. I got it to use for doing in the hoop projects. I have a Hobbico Sealing Iron I use for freezer paper applique and ironing pieced projects as I sew. The Hobbico gets very hot.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 AM

I have a different brand and use it all the time. I bought it because it has about 10 different heads to put onto it for different purposes. A word of warning: If you are not careful to place it on the stand or in a cup etc it can burn a hole in the vacuum cleaner tube...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by judi wess
I bought one about 8 years ago that unforturately had a problem with the temp nob. I can't make it hot enough to make it effective. If it didn't have that problem, I would use it a LOT. I think there is a newer one that has solved that problem but haven't purchased it yet...
Yup this! Mine is from the same time frame.

:hunf:

The first Clover mini irons had to be heated to max temp several time before they reached max temp. every time. After that they get as hot as a regular iron. Clover never mentioned that on any packaging and lost a lot of sales by people returning the irons because they didn't get hot enough. Also the cords on some were not connected right so the iron twisted, like a water hose, making it impossible for it to stay upright when set down. Electrical cords have a lay in them (like water hoses) and have only one way to be connected, things that twist when the cord is plugged in is a dead give away of just get it together manufacturing. I had my cord reconnected and it made a big difference in ease of use.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 AM

I have one plugged in, right next to my machine for those times that I have to press a little seam before moving on to add another piece, love it!!! I do put it in a mason jar so as not to burn anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 AM

I love it for paper piecing. I tried it on strings blocks and it didn't seem quite heavy enough to press the seam down flat. Had some wrinkles in a few blocks I had to take apart and do over. Maybe it was something wrong on my part though and not the iron.