Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on? >

How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on?

How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
I just sent enough fabric to be laser cut for 8 quilts.
plus around 5 sitting here.
thats enough.
please explain "sending fab out to be laser cut"????First time I have heard that......
Old 10-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
no comment lol
Ditto
Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Working on 1, have patterns and fabric for 4 more......Plus.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM

About 8, but six of them only need binding. 4 little 30" baby quilts, a larger wall hanging or lap quilt, and a huge log cabin bed quilt. The other two are just tops. oops I forgot = 2 sets of finished blocks not yet sewn together. That makes 10!
Goodness they add up fast!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Four I'm actively working on. One wil, be a duvet cover this week, one needs borders, one lone star that needs setting triangles,and a BOM that I'm keeping up on. Sylvia's wedding sampler and Farmer's Wife with the fabric waiting for cutting. At least 9 more to do sometime if I'm to cover all of my family before I can't. I know there will be more just because I like them. I'm trying to be disciplined enough not to buy to far ahead because of my space limits and the fabric designers are always coming out with new beautiful stuff.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 AM

I am making 11 rag quilts for my g-children for Christmas--so that they all have something to cuddle with when watching TV. I am using 6" squares of re purposed material. Most all of the squares are already cut since I took the clothing apart while watching TV in the evenings and then spent a day cutting squares. They work up fairly fast with the fringe. BUT...then there's the project book with planned quilts for after the first of the yr.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Right now I have 8 quilts that I have the fabric and patterns for plus fabric for 10 tote bags. 6 quilt tops ready to be pinned and quilted. I'd like to get fabric for 2 more tops I want to make. Need fabric for one more tote bag because the fabric I have isn't right for the person it's a gift for.

I'm retiring in 1 yr 9 months and am hoping to have lots of time to quilt.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM

UFOs - who can count??? Just received two boxes with quilt requests - one a t-shirt quilt for a latin teacher and the other, Boy Scout scarves to make into a wall hanging. Those are priority and the rest...well they get done whenever!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Hee hee; good luck on "sewing all day" after you retire! My last day at work was this past June 10th. Before that I was up til all hours sewing because I would be on a roll and wide awake, but yet had to go to work the next day. All I could think of was "when I retire............". I have had those days when I did sew all day, but you also discover that now you have time to do other bigger projects too, like yard projects, out of town trips, and oh, also to go to different classes that LQS offers. Thats when you pick up on more NEW UFO's!! in addition to the monthly Sewing Club on third Tuesday of month and Embroidery Club on last Saturday of month.

I have at least 5 quilts that are UFO's; plus about 7 sewing other projects. But retirement does help; Retirement is SWEET!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM

I have four of them.