Is it too late?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I don't think I would want to fall asleep in front of the SLEEP doctor...he's liable to tell you THATS WHY you have troubles sleeping because you nap in the day time EVEN though you don't. LOL But definately falling asleep in front of him wouldn't be a good idea.

As for the nap right now....You could take a 20 minute cat nap...ONLY 20 minutes. It will be enough to rejuvinate yourself but shouldnt be too much sleep to prevent you from hopefully sleeping tonight.

Set your alarm....have someone call you whatever it takes but NO MORE then 20 minutes. :)
Around here, we call it a power nap. But getting up after the nap is of prime importance because if you don't you'll be sluggish for the rest of the day. I'm not one to be giving advice on sleep patterns or habits. Many nights I stay awake until the wee hours. In fact, this morning, I was awake at two, sat here for a couple of hours, and then went back to bed and slept until 8:30. Right now I'm thinking about this project in the sewing room, but I don't dare go to it, because I'll be there till day break and then will want to sleep. Good night, sleep tight.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 PM

I don't have sleep apnea--I just woke up 300+ times in the 6 hours in the study. When I asked what the cause was, all I got was shrugs.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Sugar downers always require at least a 20 minute nap for me. Hope you are feeling better.

Best wishes on resolving your issues and speedy recovery on the up coming surgeries.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Need a nap, take a nap!!! And I've been through the entire sleep apnea thing. If you need any support or have any questions, please PM me. I know I can help. Ended up with the radical surgery, so I really have been the whole route.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Jan in VA
P.S. For all who mentioned it, I have had the overnight sleep study, sadly misnamed in my case as I slept less than 2 hours of a 7 hour study. I couldn't stand all the sticky 'things' all over my head, all the miles of wires hanging off my body, getting in the way of turning over or moving my legs and arms, the strange mattress that slightly dipped on the wrong side of the bed; it was just dreadful. I'd have slept better sitting up in the car in a highway rest stop. :([/quote]

I laughed out loud when I read this. I can't believe how accurate it is. Now add in the fact that the stupid study was done, for me, in a converted office area of the hospital and the rooms were like closets. Had to leave the light on so that I could be seen on the monitors. Couldn't wait to go home and get some rest....apnea or not!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:25 PM

I hope all your tests come out well! Good luck.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 AM

I had a similar experience at my local sleep center (NJ). I didn’t sleep a wink that night. I had to re-schedule another test and this time I asked the nurse whether I could take anything to help me sleep. She gave me a tablet – don’t know what it was but it helped me sleep! They discovered I had sleep apnea and went through a CPAP study. Hate the machine – but it’s so much better than not getting a good night’s sleep.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 AM

When I had the sleep study, they wouldn't let me sleep on my sides. They had the room so cold that I wanted to put the cover over my ears, but they kept telling me to put the covers down. And yes, I do have sleep apnea, but my oxygen levels don't fall enough to warrant a CPAP. I wish I could get some refreshing sleep!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ
When I had the sleep study, they wouldn't let me sleep on my sides.
Good grief, I can't sleep on my back unless I'm in a recliner.