Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband just doesn't understand. >

My husband just doesn't understand.

My husband just doesn't understand.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 AM

I am in stitches I am laughing so hard I love this one thanks you made my day !
Old 10-13-2011, 10:17 AM

I understand completely. I just hemmed 4 pairs of sweats for my short legged DH. He usually does not nag about it and just discretely lays them in the sewing room. I have told him I will get to them when I get to them and then I do. This is the same man who still has the beveled windows that I asked him to reglaze 5 years ago in his shop. Oh well, they give jail time to people who ponk the elderly on the head. LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM

It's not near as bad since we quit farming. Those barbed wire fences were awful on jeans and also certain pieces of machinery. Chain sawa are also not good. I don't mind doing them now since I do have a little more time.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:06 AM

I can relate. My DH has a closet full of pants that are too long and wonders why I won't take them up for him. I'm not good at that kind of sewing and anyway, why didn't he buy them the right length :wink:
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 AM

I totally agree!! Sewing is my hobby, don't try to make it into work.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia
tell him that asking a quilter to patch is like asking Picasso to paint your garage!
:thumbup:
Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 PM

I hate repair work I don't even sew on buttons!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:41 PM

Someone told me one time that Rembrandt didn't paint garages so why should we "mend." Seriously my DH thinks I should do mending, too. I hate it and rarely do it. He once bought two nice casual shirts and then wanted me to shorten the tails...talk about a disaster.
Hugs, DJ
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM

I remember when I was first married..hubby had a hole in his sock..and he said my mom use to darn them..so..as I was pitching them in the garbage..I said..oh DARN sock..

So now it has been a joke for us for 33 years..
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM

This is just too funny. My son works for a car dealership, in the maintenance department, here in Baltimore. He gets all greasy and dirty at his job and doesn't like to wear his good jeans to work because, after a while, they soon become soiled with grease and dirty just from wearing them home. Soooo, he picked out a pair of his oldest jeans, a pair he didn't care if the got really, really cruddy or not and would wear just those jeans back and forth to work. Once he gets to work he changes into his work uniform so he is only wearing them literally back and forth to work. Anyhow, he washes up after work but as anyone will know, there's nothing like a good hot shower to remove any residual grime left after he washes up at the end of his work day. Sooo, this pair of jeans he wears back and forth to work have been mended, I would say, dozens of times. I've patches the knees, the pockets, the belt loops when the started to come off, the seat of these jeans a worn sooo thin but I've patches them too, they split straight across the butt parts 3-4 times and he just washes them and brings them to Mom to mend. I think, at this point, there are more patches than actual jeans fabric left. Now, it's getting to be like a joke around the house. He washed them, puts them on the back of a dining room chair and I know it's time to mend. Sometimes, I look at those patched up jeans and think....Geez, just get another pair of old jeans and start over...but, these jeans will always be a memory. I hope he doesn't throw them out when he does decide to start wearing a different pair of jeans back and forth to work. I can keep these for when he's older and he'll have fond memories of his 'work jeans' and the many times Mom patched them up for him............The simple things in life that makes up happy.....who wouldda thunk!!!