Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jennifer Chiaverini  "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" >

Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels"

Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels"

Old 10-14-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by LUANNH
Do you need to read theese in order? If so is their a list to know thhe order. I want to read them so I want to read them in the right order so I don't get more confused than I already am LOL. Where is the best place to purchase them? Thanks for any info
Here is a list of them that I just looked up. They aren't listed in order; but you can find the dates they were published in this list and go from there. I do like to read a series of books in order. Here's the URL for the list http://www.fictiondb.com/author/jennifer-chiaverini~32200.htm
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Phylliss
I read them in the order she wrote them. I am on the Aloha Quilt and have the Union Quilters to look forward to, but now I see I will have a new one to read in November. I liked them a lot and sometimes forget that Sylvia and friends are not real people. But.....I WISH I COULD GO TO ELM CREEK QUILT CAMP!!!
Me too. I would sacrifice lots of my other quilting spending if I could sit with the gals at Elm Creek Quilt Camp for a week!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 AM

I also enjoyed her books but what are these Union Quilters you all talk about? Who is the author? I get my books at the library because my husband & I go through so many we'd be broke if we had to buy them!! Heck - that would mean less $$ for fabric - HORRORS!! Thanks
Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 AM

I've read all but the last one...waiting for the price to come down. :-) I like the ones from the 1800s the best. You do not have to read them in order. Some books flash back to the old days and then the next book is modern day. They may mention characters from other books but it doesn't matter to the storyline.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:28 AM

Try "fantastic fiction".They have them in order by date written and where to buy them.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 AM

Love these books ! looking forward to her next one. I am waiting for her to write about Elizabeth and if and when they find her family. Or did I miss this? I get mine at my library.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by sandrab64
I am SO enjoying the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini! They are interesting, unique, and just a nice clean read. If you read the first one "The Quilter's Apprentice", I guarantee you'll want to read all the rest!
I listen to those books on CD as I'm driving the 6 hours back and forth to Tulsa Ok... Really good books on tape.. But when I read them I get sleepy fast... Good clean story line!!! Diana in Texas
Old 10-14-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sandrab64
I am SO enjoying the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini! They are interesting, unique, and just a nice clean read. If you read the first one "The Quilter's Apprentice", I guarantee you'll want to read all the rest!
have read them all start to finish...non-stop.
LOVED THEM
Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 AM

I enjoyed the first few, then sort of forgot about them. Will have to catch up!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 AM

I'm reading the Winding Ways Quilt book right now. I've really enjoyed them from the beginning. I'm a slow reader so it takes me awhile.