Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ottlites >

Ottlites

Ottlites

Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM

I love mine.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM

I have a tabletop one with a weighted base. It also comes with a clamp to use instead of the weighted base. I've had it for over 10 yrs. and I'm still on the first light bulb! It's on just about everyday and I love the bright light it gives me in order to sew, cut or design and draw anything. I like the fact I can adjust it wherever I need it, even turn it up vertically to shine on my design wall behind my table. It's very much worth the money I paid for it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM

I have the small one and I really like it for handwork but I have a floorstanding one that wont work and it seems they aren't fixable. It was expensive and hadn't had a lot of use. I looked at forums to get info about getting it fixed and it seems a lot of people have problems with them.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Dee

Love mine. I couldn't work without floor or table one.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 AM

I found my one floor ott light at Office Max on clearance. It is good, but I think now one can buy light bulbs that are equivelant in "light value" nowadays at the local big box store....
Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM

I do have a floor lamp as well, but that light doesn't seem to be as bright as my table lamp. I bought a screw in bulb to go in a reg. lamp over my couch, thinking it would be great for reading with, but it wasn't bright enough. I returned it.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltinvaca
On my cutting table, I use the small one that opens like a clam. Next to my machine, I use the long floor lamp (which can be adjusted to turn in any direction) and I also have a nice looking floor lamp next to my chair in the living room. At 75, I need all the light I can get and personally feel the Ott lites can't be beat.

Both my daughter and granddaughter use Ott lites for their beading/jewelry making.

If I had my way, every light in my house would be an Ott light!!!
The lamp I use in the lounge room fell apart where the first section from the light bulb goes up and down. It cannot be repaired so I have to go and look for another one. But that won't be until my Christmas money comes in at the beginning of December. I will look for a better quality one. Where is the best place for them here in Australia please?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 PM

I love my Ott light it's nice and bright I used it first for cross stitch and now I have a couple started and just can't get back in the mood to do. Sue
Old 10-09-2011, 05:57 PM

I don't care for them at all and I have 3. Also remember it IS the bulb and not the lamp that is doing the lighting. My most expensive one is sitting outside headed to my dad's garage for whatever he wants to use it for. IMHO save your money.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM

I'm glad you asked this question. I have wondered if it was worth the high $$ myself. I see a lot of you like it. Good to hear.
Thanks