Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What embroidery machine do you have? >

What embroidery machine do you have?

What embroidery machine do you have?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 AM

I have a Pfaff 2140/2170 Embroidery sewing machine and a Pfaff 1475, both excellent machines and great workhorses! I recently purchased a Baby Lock Ellisimo! Just love that machine! It is an expensive machine, but the embroidery part is so much easier to use! I have my Pfaff 2140/2170 up for sale with a lot of embroidery cards, hoops,software, and accessories. I don't need 2 embroidery machines! Found a good deal on the Baby Lock, so I took it! PM me if you are interested in the Pfaff 2140, upgraded to a 2170! Sorry, price is more than $1000 with all accessories, though!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Good Luck. Mine Baby Lock Ellegate was high dollar second hand. Probably could have found one for less if I hadn't got so excited to get one while in a class. One of the gals was upgrading hers so I traded my year older in on hers for the little extras if did. I know. Sucker is stamped on my forhead. LOL
I have to say it does embroidery great and what fun to sit back and watch it work on it's own. I haven't been sorry.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:09 AM

Bernina, but sorry, it costs more than $1000. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 10-15-2011, 06:20 AM

I have the Singer Futura CE-150 and I like it but I am tired of it beeping at me for every little thing! Also, very small space between the needle and the right side of the machine for quilting.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:23 AM

My sister had the Singer Futura and it felt like it was in the shop more than on her sewing table. Also it has a very limited size sewing field. She now has a Baby Lock ellisimo or ellegante, I forget which, and feels like she died and went to embroidery heaven.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:28 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
I started on a Babylock Ellure and wanted to get more embroidery capabilities, so I bought a Babylock Ellegante. Love them both, but they are/were much more expensive. If I ever have to replace them, I will look around more as I think I could get the same capabilities without spending as much money. I am in the market for a good quilting machine without embroidery as I think doing all the quilting on my Ellegante is going to wear it out too quickly.
Maybe living in Illinois made us clones??LOL I started the same way..I like the capabilities of my Ellegante, BUT it has now (that the Gold Standard insurance is over) started to give me trouble. Just picked it up after a $100 repairman visit, and it almost finished one project before the same issue reared its' ugly head. Back to the dealer...and it is a drive to get there...that being said, I do like the large embroidery field and the edit on the machine capability. Can't afford a new machine now that I am retired, so guess I will have to have it fixed and hope it works. My Ellure does not have the large field and I cannot use a USB cord to transfer designs or upgrade. I agree that $1000 dollar machine would just whet your appetite and frustrate you.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:32 AM

Pfaff
Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 AM

I have Brother 750D and I LOve it..U transfer designs to memory stick and put in machine..Have had no problems with mine and it is used very often.5x7 field
Old 10-15-2011, 06:52 AM

The Janome 300E or 350E would fall in your price range. I have the 300E and love it.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Babs194068
I have a Baby Lock Ellegante 2 and I love it.
Are you doing the quilt in your Avitar? One of the ladies in my quilt guild is teaching it at our local sewing center. She brought in her demo quilt. It is fabulous. Just too pricey and time consuming for me.

Jean