Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband just doesnt understand >

My husband just doesnt understand

My husband just doesnt understand

Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sew Krazy Girl
Hmmmmm . . . draw a pink line down the middle of the room? That should keep him on his side. Move all the storage to his side and set up your space, "girly style".
You know it just might work. Late SIL had a thing about 'girly pink'.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:02 PM

move a table in there along with the machines and start sewing. He'll leave when he can't hear or see the tv. If he tells you to leave, remind him that you willl move all his stuff out of the garage and move all your stuff in there. He'll get the picture. I could think of a couple of other things to but since I'm not always a nice person, I won't mention them :twisted:
Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by mamacool
move a table in there along with the machines and start sewing. He'll leave when he can't hear or see the tv. If he tells you to leave, remind him that you willl move all his stuff out of the garage and move all your stuff in there. He'll get the picture. I could think of a couple of other things to but since I'm not always a nice person, I won't mention them :twisted:
LOL my husband would just turn up the TV!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
I love the junk vs TV analogy, I'll have to remember that one. And I agree with Proverbs 31:10-12. I'd like to hope this Board saves more relationships than it breaks up.

As for me and my house, my DH is very attached to anything that was his grandmother's or his mother's so we have multi-generational junk! (Of course I do have a very crowded sewing room myself so....) I should have know he was a pack rat when we got married. He still had every single single note we had ever passed to each other in high school! (I threw mine away so as to avoid any evidence before I got home from school.)

And I try to remember, when I point the finger at someone else there are four more pointed back at me.
Oh, boy, my husband has a secret twin in Florida. His Grandparents bought our home in 1919 and there's stuff here that moved in when they did. I've been working to de-junk since I retired, mainly my stuff and the adult children's left-behinds. We're both accumulators but I'm able to purge and he guards old catalogs, magazines and outgrown clothing like a dragon sitting on a pile of treasure. I've speculated that he'd never recognize the plaid flannel from shirts in the back of the closet that haven't been worn for 20 years. Promised myself I won't go there unless I need a very special color. :roll: :roll:
LOL!!! Sounds like you need to make a flannel quilt from all those shirts! (Like the Fons & Porter's ads where he's always walking around with squares out of the back of his shirt.)

We need to get our DH's together ... maybe move them halfway between us so that we can 'visit' them and their stuff! LOL

Peggy

PS - DH's stuff has been moved from Florida to Illinois to Kansas City and then back down to Jacksonville where it came from to begin with!