Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why we quilt >

Why we quilt

Why we quilt

Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Have had a rough couple of months quilting, to the point I swore I was going to ebay all my fabric. Too burned out from a 40 hr job to have the patience, concentration or creativity to enjoy any of it. Nevertheless, today delivered a lap quilt to husband's cousin who is just starting chemotherapy. She said "this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me". I guess I needed to hear that and it gave me a fresh perspective. Think I'll start a new project tomorrow.
i am so glad you gave that quilt, because you got so much more in return......perspective and the spark to continue quilting!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 AM

I never start a quilt project without having someone in mind. It keeps me going to think of the recipient. I also have LOTS of other craft UFOs lying around for the slumps.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 AM

It can be a drag after a while. I don't know about you, but some projects take a whole lot longer to do than what I had originally planned for. sometimes life gets in the way of quilting. then i have lost my enthusiasm for that project. Since i am not in the finish first club, i just start another one, but usually a smaller one than the one I need to finish.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 AM

I am chairperson for our guild's charity quilt committee. I recently delivered some quilts to the services for the mentally and physically disabled. The woman was so excited to get the quilts, she was pulling people out of offices and the hall to see them. They will be given to their clients that have no family for Christmas gifts.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Very nice statement!

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
Nice to get some wind beneath your quilty wings when you need it. Enjoy the second wind.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM

I have been quilting about a year. So far, all my projects have gone to others. I'm meeting a dear friend Tues. night for dinner so I can give her the quilt I made for her baby girl. I keep thinking I need to make a bed quilt for ME, but honestly, I too love watching others when I give them a quilt or something I've made. It makes all the time and effort so worthwhile. They know that they are really special to me or I wouldn't have poured so much love into their gift.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
I'm glad you feel better.
LOVE IT! That's the best way to give!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 AM

That was so sweet! It does make you feel good when someone appreciates a gift you've made. I'm sure your husband's cousin feels the love in it too. :-)
Old 10-16-2011, 02:15 PM

Just what you needed............a great reason not to give up!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Why I Quilt:
My sister came this weekend to help me paint and move boxes into our new house. I walked out to her car to meet her when she arrived Friday night. I noticed she was carring the queen sized quilt I made her. I said, "you didn't have to bring your own quilt, I have lots of blankets and quilts". She said, "Not like this one, I take it everywhere I go". :)