Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 AM

Thanks, Luv, Dee & Patti. Taking a break today & making a cathedral window 10-minute block - well, starting it anyway. Am getting ready to pin as many of the squares together as I feel like stitching, then stitching them & then back to AOTH. I need to have the quilt finished by November 10. Am only making a quilt about 45" square.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Oh that sounds like something I want to learn how to do.....are you going to do a tute?????

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Thanks, Luv, Dee & Patti. Taking a break today & making a cathedral window 10-minute block - well, starting it anyway. Am getting ready to pin as many of the squares together as I feel like stitching, then stitching them & then back to AOTH. I need to have the quilt finished by November 10. Am only making a quilt about 45" square.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Oh that sounds like something I want to learn how to do.....are you going to do a tute?????

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvXUvKIzYZY

Here is the YouTube video that tells it better than I could! It's what I'm using for directions. HOWEVER, she says to use a 3 1/2" square for the center of the window part. I find that is small, so I'm going to try 3 3/4" & 3 5/8" squares.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

another purty one, kathy! :thumbup:
Old 10-16-2011, 02:53 PM

Kathy, your block is gorgeous.
Dee, well, if it was gonna bug you, then you did the right thing.

So here I sit, not sure if I should pat myslef on the back or smack myslef on the head, lol. I had packed what I thought I needed to keep me occupied while on this work assignment up here in Boston. I thought that since I would be here for 13 weeks, surely there is no way I can do more than 13 blocks working full time. I had 14 squares cut so I brought those, thinking one extra/in case square. So I just finished block 6, and I am following the schedule Kathy posted, and I go through my printouts to prep my next batch of blocks, ooh oh, only four squares left!!!! Yes, I did that many in the last 7 weeks. And I still have six weeks to go before I go home!! I have block 2 marked and bobbin work done, then I can only do 3,4 and 5. Blocks 31-36 have to wait until I get home. Of course I could drive myself crazy trying to find more of my background fabric around here or online, but by the time I get it, get it washed and cut, I probably won't be able to get much done, so I will just practice patience. I guess it is a good time to think about my border deisgn. Good thing I brought that one "kit" I put together for a flower applique wall hanging, maybe I will finish that before I go home. :-P
Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

wow! candi...spare time! what's that like?
yup, good thing you took the kit! well, be proud!
I sure wish I had that many done. :D
Old 10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Wow Candi...you are fast! I think you are right, by the time you rounded up supplies...you'd be leaving. I'm impressed with you though!

Kathy..I have to go watch the video, but when I got my circle thingie to put on my machine, she showed me how do do a Cathedral window block by putting my walking foot on the machine and letting it sew it all by itself! It was waaay cool....Grrrr...I've forgotten the details though. I'm going to have to call and ask her about it.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Candi, way to go girl - I usually pack too much, and don't get to go quilt shopping as much...look forward to seeing all your work.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Oh Sandpat, that sounds so unique to let your walking foot on the machine do the circle on its' own? Will you share the website, I would like to see that also. OMG there is so much information on this QB - very interesting!!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:35 PM

:thumbup: Way to go Candi! I'm impressed also.