Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm quilters--best? >

Longarm quilters--best?

Longarm quilters--best?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM

If you go to Renae Haddaddin's (sp?) website you can get an article of research she did on many long arm machines.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

I have a Gammill and love it!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:15 AM

I "pulled the trigger on and HQ Avante' 18 last April and I am so happy with it. One tip to offer you on any machine you decide to purchase. Ask what the "CASH" price is. I found that there is as much as a 16% markup on the machine if you use a credit card.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:19 AM

I think that if I were going to invest in a LA, I would do whatever it took to attend the Houston Quilt Show. I've not been but I think every LA on the market will be set up and available to try out. Seems like that would be the easiest way to compare them all. And if you had done a little research ahead of time and gotten your choices narrowed down to a few, you might even get one at the Show for a special price.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 AM

if i had the money i would go for APQS and spend the extra for their automatic frame. so nice to just step on the foot pedal to advance your quilt to the next section.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 AM

I own a Gammill and love it. If I were to buy a second machine, I would consider the Innova. I hope you have tested that one also.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 AM

Innova-after test driving all of the major ones at a quilt expo.We chose it over APQS and Gammil. For price ,feel,support and not needing to oil the machine all the time-just the hook where the bobbin case goes.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by cedarvalleyquilts
I love our Nolting. I have a friend who is fanatic about her Innova....it's all personal preference on what fits you best, what features you're looking for, and most definitely consider the space where it will be.

Also take into consideration maintenance/assistance from whomever you purchase from. Having a local dealer close by was a big part of my decision.

Have fun deciding :)

Christine
I totally agree with Christine. I, too, have a Nolting Pro 24 w/12 ft. table and absolutely love it.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 AM

I started with a Juki on a small Hinterberg frame just to see if I really liked quilting on a frame. Well about 2 years later I upgraded to a Voyager on a stretch frame. Used it for 5 years and am now using the Nolting 20" on my stretch frame and saving for the metal frame. I love love my Nolting more than any of the others!!!!! I will probably not upgrade anymore except for teh frame:)
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 AM

I love my 24" Pro Nolting.
I did my homework and decided on this machine for many reasons.
It is made in the USA,,the cust service is the best, very easy machine to operate and very easy to maintain. Parts are easy to get if needed and not expensive. The needles and bobbins are not expensive.
I can use any brand of thread on my machine and never worry about tension.

I have a LA business and this machine is a workhorse.

I got all the bells and whistles,wheels in the frame,12 ft frame and the cost was what the other machine started at.

Do your homework and test drive as many machines as you can. It's just like buying a car..what I like you may not.