Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-18-2011, 03:48 PM

Supper for me,was mainly a bowl of roasted veggies with parmesan sprinkled on & I just bought 2 good size containers of cottage cheese. It's often my protein for breakfast or lunch.Oh,wee....a Tbl isn't a huge amount.Good luck.

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Just a quick post with our Taboo Tuesday~ this weeks no no is CHEESE! Try to do without that slice on your sandwich or the shredded cheese on your salad. Do your best but don't beat yourself up if dinner has cheese as a protein ingredient.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Supper for me,was mainly a bowl of roasted veggies with parmesan sprinkled on & I just bought 2 good size containers of cottage cheese. It's often my protein for breakfast or lunch.Oh,wee....a Tbl isn't a huge amount.Good luck.

Just a quick post with our Taboo Tuesday~ this weeks no no is CHEESE! Try to do without that slice on your sandwich or the shredded cheese on your salad. Do your best but don't beat yourself up if dinner has cheese as a protein ingredient.
Roasted veggies are so yummy! We have whole wheat pasta with a roasted tomato sauce. Soo yummy.

Tomorrow is bake cookies and treats day for my grandsons. I want to get them in the mail by Thursday. Those grandkidlets are so sweet and so good. I want to send them a treat for the fall.

Missy
Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
mim

today for lunch -- my main meal today -- I had spaghetti and meatball sauce with broccoli flowerettes. It turned out to be delicious -- the two strong flavors together. Can you tell I am cleaning the fridge?? Tomorrow noon I am picked up to go to the airport for KS to visit son2

I have one egg left and the heel of bread. and I will make half a pot of coffee.

I'm off line until next Monday.

Mim

[quote=plainpat]Supper for me,was mainly a bowl of roasted veggies with parmesan sprinkled on & I just bought 2 good size containers of cottage cheese. It's often my protein for breakfast or lunch.Oh,wee....a Tbl isn't a huge amount.Good luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 PM

I hadn't read this yet and had about an ounce of mozzerella.... oops. No cheese for dinner though....
Old 10-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by grandma she she
I hadn't read this yet and had about an ounce of mozzerella.... oops. No cheese for dinner though....
I love your avatar!!!

Missy
Old 10-18-2011, 04:19 PM

Don't forget to empty the coffee grounds and rinse the pot. If I don't think about doing it before we leave, the DH definitely does NOT and a week with coffee and grounds in a house where the air has been raised (made warmer) makes for a moldy mess.... yucky poo....
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Yes remember to clean out the coffee grinds. While I was in the hospital tea bags were left in my coffee pot, I make my ice tea in the coffee pot since I dont drink coffee. When I went to make some more tea since coming home, it was a mildew mess. Have soaked in bleach before attempting to make more.

Enjoy your trip.

Cindy
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Just finished roasted turkey slice with roasted potato, celery, carrots and onions. It was yummy and I ate a small portion. I can do the no cheese. Great challenge. When you say no peanut butter, I will be sad.
Hubby and I took a lovely ride in the high Sierras and took pictures of the fall colors. We are slow to getting them compared to you northerners. I will post a few pictures tomorrow. But, I had my husband take my photo with the lovely Sierras in the background. My other avatar is a few years old, taken at Daffodil Hill, so I decided to post this picture. My cheeks are a little less pudgy, but I am more wrinkly too.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
Just finished roasted turkey slice with roasted potato, celery, carrots and onions. It was yummy and I ate a small portion. I can do the no cheese. Great challenge. When you say no peanut butter, I will be sad.
Hubby and I took a lovely ride in the high Sierras and took pictures of the fall colors. We are slow to getting them compared to you northerners. I will post a few pictures tomorrow. But, I had my husband take my photo with the lovely Sierras in the background. My other avatar is a few years old, taken at Daffodil Hill, so I decided to post this picture. My cheeks are a little pudgy, but I am more wrinkly too.
I don't know why I did not notice where you are located before. I lived in Sacramento for 12 years. I loved it there. My oldest daughter lives in Sacto too. I hope you are enjoying the good weather.

Missy
Old 10-18-2011, 06:19 PM

We moved here from the Bay Area (San Jose) in 05. I love where we live, nice small town feel. Did you go to school here?
The weather has been in the 80's and clear. Look forward to it cooling down some. How about you, was it a big adjustment to moving where it is cooler?
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Murphy1
Hubby and I took a lovely ride in the high Sierras and took pictures of the fall colors. We are slow to getting them compared to you northerners. I will post a few pictures tomorrow. But, I had my husband take my photo with the lovely Sierras in the background. My other avatar is a few years old, taken at Daffodil Hill, so I decided to post this picture. My cheeks are a little pudgy, but I am more wrinkly too.
I don't know why I did not notice where you are located before. I lived in Sacramento for 12 years. I loved it there. My oldest daughter lives in Sacto too. I hope you are enjoying the good weather.

Missy