Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
We moved here from the Bay Area (San Jose) in 05. I love where we live, nice small town feel. Did you go to school here?
The weather has been in the 80's and clear. Look forward to it cooling down some. How about you, was it a big adjustment to moving where it is cooler?
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Murphy1
Just finished roasted turkey slice with roasted potato, celery, carrots and onions. It was yummy and I ate a small portion. I can do the no cheese. Great challenge. When you say no peanut butter, I will be sad.
Hubby and I took a lovely ride in the high Sierras and took pictures of the fall colors. We are slow to getting them compared to you northerners. I will post a few pictures tomorrow. But, I had my husband take my photo with the lovely Sierras in the background. My other avatar is a few years old, taken at Daffodil Hill, so I decided to post this picture. My cheeks are a little pudgy, but I am more wrinkly too.
I don't know why I did not notice where you are located before. I lived in Sacramento for 12 years. I loved it there. My oldest daughter lives in Sacto too. I hope you are enjoying the good weather.

Missy
No I did not go to school there. I absolutely LOVE being in Rapid City. The winters are harsh and oh so cold but the scenery and the history here is unreal. Mt Rushmore is beyond incredible. We are really diving into winter lately. Tonight it is supposed to get to 28. BRRR! The snow is so beautiful but if you ask me this question in March I will probably deny even mentioning this. LOL!!

Oh well. Such as life, kwim? LOL!!

Missy
Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 PM

Pat, we need Beachbound to clarify, but I'm not sure cottage cheese is considered cheese. I think she's talking about the block of Kraft 2% Cojack in my fridge or bags of shredded, plus Parmesan, etc. Or cheese sauce because it's made with those cheeses. There goes my box of mac and cheese - gluten free and all natural, of course. No glow in the dark orange stuff for me. The cojack isn't open so it can wait another week. I earned my gold star this week, but it's no biggy. I haven't had Coke in 18 years - maybe 5 total in that time.

Weight, holding or easing down very slowly. I guess I'd better be more careful if I want to make my 2 1/2 pounds down by the end of the month. Exercise, okay. Walks on schedule. Several missed days of the TV 30 minutes due to other commitments.

I'm very tired. I was up early to get to the church on time to work on bazaar things. Then Lily had a veterinarian app't. I went to dinner with 2 daughters and 2 grandsons and whoosh, the day was gone. I hate money spent at the vet except for the annual app't. I spent at least 5-6 yards of fabric today. Darn it. But I can't leave my beauty with an infected foot. Off to sew a bit, but it's going to be an early night.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 AM

Good morning everyone. I do like being able to "see" people. Nancy your avatar is lovely.

I think I can live with this weeks challenge - just have to make sure I don't eat cheese where it has snuck in cooked someplace.

I'm off early to the doc's office this morning for the follow up test to the one that didn't turn out so good in the last bunch. She said because this is more in depth it will take longer so bring something to keep myself occupied in the waiting times. Sounds like hand sewing to me. I hate waiting in doc offices.

Judy, sorry to hear your little dog is injured and you're right it's always 5 - 6 yds of fabric every time. We have 3 dogs and 1 cat so I've made several quilts over the years.

Missy, sorry to hear you're grumpy. How's that quilt coming along? I thing about you every day. You are so talented and fearless when it comes to quilting I envy you.

DH and I went to a FM quilt class last night. We're visiual, we need to be shown everything. Now it's practice, practice ,practice. We signed up for an advanced class for next week.

I have to run to get ready to get to the doc. God Bless everyone. Prayers for all. (Cathie included Missy).

Anyone hear from MJ?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Pat, we need Beachbound to clarify, but I'm not sure cottage cheese is considered cheese. I think she's talking about the block of Kraft 2% Cojack in my fridge or bags of shredded, plus Parmesan, etc. Or cheese sauce because it's made with those cheeses. There goes my box of mac and cheese - gluten free and all natural, of course. No glow in the dark orange stuff for me. The cojack isn't open so it can wait another week. I earned my gold star this week, but it's no biggy. I haven't had Coke in 18 years - maybe 5 total in that time.

Weight, holding or easing down very slowly. I guess I'd better be more careful if I want to make my 2 1/2 pounds down by the end of the month. Exercise, okay. Walks on schedule. Several missed days of the TV 30 minutes due to other commitments.

I'm very tired. I was up early to get to the church on time to work on bazaar things. Then Lily had a veterinarian app't. I went to dinner with 2 daughters and 2 grandsons and whoosh, the day was gone. I hate money spent at the vet except for the annual app't. I spent at least 5-6 yards of fabric today. Darn it. But I can't leave my beauty with an infected foot. Off to sew a bit, but it's going to be an early night.

Yes! That is exactly right!

Now for those who wanted to 'see'. here is a picture of me. Not very good cause it was late at night & we were nailing down the cement boards in the bathroom reno. First time DH let me use his tools....he was that tired!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-273628.jpe
Views:	36
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	273681  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 AM

Good Morning All!

Plainpat are you any where near the escaped exotic animals? I am 130 miles away so I think I.m ok but where are you?

Lisa
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 AM

beachbound

Wow! you are so lovely! If you look that good in work clothes you must be radiant in dress up clothes.

Missy

Hope you are doing better this morning.

Lisa
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 AM

I am impressed. You look great and so flexible. I don't think I could sit on the floor anymore, let alone work. How come I am so creaky and stiff?
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by irishrose

Yes! That is exactly right!

Now for those who wanted to 'see'. here is a picture of me. Not very good cause it was late at night & we were nailing down the cement boards in the bathroom reno. First time DH let me use his tools....he was that tired!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:50 AM

Have you tried the greek yougurts out there? There is 2x as much protein as regular yogurt. like 12-13 grams...I don't like the yoplait, but I like the Oikos and Chobani.
Originally Posted by plainpat
Supper for me,was mainly a bowl of roasted veggies with parmesan sprinkled on & I just bought 2 good size containers of cottage cheese. It's often my protein for breakfast or lunch.Oh,wee....a Tbl isn't a huge amount.Good luck.

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Just a quick post with our Taboo Tuesday~ this weeks no no is CHEESE! Try to do without that slice on your sandwich or the shredded cheese on your salad. Do your best but don't beat yourself up if dinner has cheese as a protein ingredient.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM

I use Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt - it is plain and I use it in everything from smoothies to rubbing my chicken in it before adding bread crubs for baking. Use it in place of sour cream as well.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM
mim

I don't like the texture of yogurt -- I love cottage cheese. Is the Greek yogurt texture any different??
Mim
[quote=grandma she she]Have you tried the greek yougurts out there? There is 2x as much protein as regular yogurt. like 12-13 grams...I don't like the yoplait, but I like the Oikos and Chobani.