Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
do you toss your thread clippings on the floor? >

do you toss your thread clippings on the floor?

do you toss your thread clippings on the floor?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM

A baggie sitting beside me. Rub it on your clothes a couple of times before you start working, and the static electricity will grab the thread when you toss the pieces toward it.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM

I TRY to get them in the trash can behind me, but it amazes me how often I miss!! Guess I need some lessons!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Actually I got an idea from this board a long time ago . . I collect them in a very small vase. The lady on here was talking about then winding them with a small amount of twine and using it for the other side of a preacher's hook in the garden - opposite the hummingbird feeder because they use the small threads as nesting material - Ithought that weas cool and it sure keeps my whole house cleaner -(wood floor in my office/quilting area) and the dogs seem to carry stuf everywhere - At least I'm blaming them . . .
Old 10-20-2011, 01:59 PM

I keep a coffee filter with some painters tape in the bottom of it with the stuck sticky side up. Does a pretty good job of "catching" any threads that I throw at it.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:02 PM

I buy lint rollers at the dollar store. I have them on my ironing board, in my bag, in my sewing box, on my work table, i do try to save my scraps.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:04 PM

I am not a neat person when I am sewing. I have strings and scraps everywhere! I have a couple of the little scrap/string/trash bags that hang on the machine. Who has time to look and throw something in it? :lol: It's just the way I sew and I've gotten used to it. I grab the vacuum every now and then and just give the rug a cleaning. I am neat when I cook and other things I do, but sewing just sets my creativity free I guess. This is not a habit I learned from my mom. She was the neatest person I've ever known when she was sewing. She could sew all day; get up from the machine; and you could not tell she'd been close to the machine at all. I never could figure it out. :lol: :lol:
Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm a fanatic that every little thread went into a plastic bag pinned to my sewing table - hate what thread does to the vacuum sweeper!! Just bought a thread catcher at a craft fair last weekend. I'm moving up in the quilters world! :-)
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM

I use my thread catcher but still end up with a bunch on the front of my shirt. My floor, however, is quite clean of threads!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:40 PM

I toss them on the floor most of the time. Or I try to "hit" the garbage can but since they don't have any weight, they never make it in!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM

I toss em' in the floor and let the sweeper get em'....hey, wait a minute, I AM THE SWEEPER... ;)