Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
a mini self rant >

a mini self rant

a mini self rant

Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Love the idea of bureau.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 PM

I love the pendaflex folder storage!!! How creative is that!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM

I really like the foam cores from M I Late on this board. I wrap my fabric on different sized foam cores depending on yardage) and store them in plastic tubs which I put on shelves. I don't have to worry about them fading from light or finding what I want. Eventually, it would be nice to have cabinents. I saw a used office furniture store, I may try there for some cabinents that I can pay for at used furniture prices. I do like the foam cores and they are an investment. As I use fabric, I can reuse them.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:58 PM

You have 4 tubs??? Count yourself lucky. I have more than 12 tubs plus numerous baskets of scraps.It takes as much time to find fabric for a quilt as it does to piece it.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I fold mine around a 6" X 24" ruler so they are all the same widths....here's my pic I've shown probably a million times & I apoligize but I'm proud of my accomplishment on getting mine organized!
I'll take the 2nd one on third shelf, the 1st on 1st shelf and the 5 and 4th shelf. LOL (I thought this was a new online store.)
Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
Am I the only one missing the pertinent point. DO something with that stash! What is the point of storing it, building shelves to see it. When you bought it you thought it was great. Just "DO It!" Do something with it.

I know some of you have a quilt store.

I'm asking "regular" quilters why build up stash?
I buy fabric that I love when I find it, especially if the price is reduced. (But, I only buy what I love!) Then when I'm ready with the right pattern or inspiration I'll make a quilt. Last weekend I went to the "store" with the last Quilt Sampler magazine to pull fabrics for the western wall hanging pattern and got everything from my stash! I live about 40 miles from the nearest quilt store and don't want to make that drive again on an 'off work' day. I regularly go to my stash and pull an entire quilt early on a Saturday morning or late in the evening and I'm ready to go! And now I'm off that pull that salad tub back out of the trash for my little scraps. Great idea!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:53 PM

I spent some time organizing my fabrics on boards, folding around a ruler, folding all fat quarters in the same size and storing them in bins and then cutting the small pieces into common strips and sizes. I find that now when I want to pull fabric for a quilt, it is SO much easier and way more fun! It was definitely worth the time I spent.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Wall space in most rooms down 2 feet from ceiling are empty space. Great place for cheap shelves and walmart storage bins. Up an out of the way and easy to see
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM

am so happy to know I'm not the only one whose fabric is in a mess. i'm lucky to move around in my sewing room.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:42 PM

I went to Joann's and asked if they had any of the empty bolts cardboard that they were throwing away. Yeah, I got 2 different times, cut them into 4 eaual size pieces and wrap my fabric around them, and then stack in tubs. right now in tubs going to get shelving put in when DD comes home again.