Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 PM

I like the 4 geese at once method and Ricky Tim's method.

One Seam flying geese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y

4 geese at once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOoB3CWsR6M

Speed piecing method B
http://www.quilterscache.com/H/Howtomakegeese.html
Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 PM

The middle one for 4 is the one I use. I used it most recently to make 4 swoon blocks. I will have to check out the other two. Thanks for sharing. - now off to bed.
Originally Posted by purplemem
I like the 4 geese at once method and Ricky Tim's method.

One Seam flying geese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y

4 geese at once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOoB3CWsR6M

Speed piecing method B
http://www.quilterscache.com/H/Howtomakegeese.html
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 PM

Well that's wonderful MJ,it's always a victory when we lose even the slightest amount.Everyone was wondering where you were.Hope all your tests come out alright. Missy,that post is so true of all of us here,not just the surgery ones,but applies to all of us.We all are endangering our lives by not doing anything about our weight.And yes,it's a battle every day.That's why it has to be a life style change and not a diet.Diets don't work.We have to stay in the lines and not waver,cause outside the lines,we're lost and can keel over at any time from obesiety related diseases.It amazed me how much diseases and medications were discontinued on the biggest loser.I think until those shows,we or I anyway never realized how bad obesiety issues were from the fat we packed on.I didn't know when we lose the fat,those diseases go with it along with the meds.High blood pressure,heart disease.strokes,heart attacks,diabetes,etc. all can and do killmany.I know I too along with you have added many more yrs to my life by losing my 93 pounds.I still got a long way to go too,but I am determined to whip it!These battles are hard but ones but worth fighting for.And are obtainable to only those who will fight for it.So I applaud you.You have more guts and gusto and have what it takes.You will meet your goals.All of them.I will too.I'm like Mj tho,I been at a long stand still,but am finely moving.And the fact I can actualy get my fat butt into a size 16-18 jeans spurs me on!Gives me the push I need to buckle down and plod on.So,well done ladies.Everyone here on the board are fighting hard also.If it were easy to lose weight,we wouldn't all be here.But we;re here because we need help and support,and praises,and yes,spankings.The truth hurts sometimes,but does get the ball rolling.Sometimes we need a nudge,or a push even to stay on tract.I like these challenges.Like the cheese for this week.Sometimes it can show us just how much of a product we do eat and don't realize it.I know I eat cheese and love it.So,stay with it ladies.You can do it!Because you already are doing it!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 PM

hey! I leave the room and all the animals get out! wow! exciting times.

I've been dragging back and forth to the hospital for more tests, blah blah blah. I am sewing daily (a NSV) and working on lots of UFOs, mostly creating them!

I did get out today to the LQS and bought 4 1930 repro FQs. That was my treat for the month. I have been doing a GFG in 4 inch hexagons. It goes really fast (think very large!) and I'm enjoying the challenge.

My weight is slowly creeping down, I'm sure I will have a loss this month. That will be a huge victory as I've not lost in months. Maintained?-yes, but lost- No! This is good.

Missy, my newest drug gave me a bald spot on the front of my head so today I got a new hairdo. My new comb-over covers the spot a little, I figure I'll just go to wearing hats all the time.

I want to know the results of all the biopsies, etc., so please keep posting.

Nancia sent me the sweetest mouse in the mail, not alive, but a very happy one none-the-less. It made me smile all over. :D :D
Ok,did I miss it?What is a NSV?I saw a few others asked too.Thanks,and sorry if it was already answered.Didn't see it I guess.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Ok,did I miss it?What is a NSV?I saw a few others asked too.Thanks,and sorry if it was already answered.Didn't see it I guess.
NSV is a non scale victory.

:-D :-D

Moving, extra exercise, sitting in a normal chair, getting up off the floor, ignoring the taboo foods screaming your name...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Moving, extra exercise, sitting in a normal chair, getting up off the floor, ignoring the taboo foods screaming your name...
Oh,Ok.So we're still working on it no matter what.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 AM

Hi all!
i love the NSV idea, and Missy the quotes were really eye opening and thought provoking.
That's what i keep doing waiting for my life to start and really its just passing me by. So from today on i will be stepping out of my comfort zone that i have created for myself and get out there. ( i just have to find the key to the door I locked to keep me in)
So when the fireman calls again (i won't call him) I just might go for that cup of tea ( i hate coffee).
Hope everyone has a NSV today.
Lisa
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 AM

Good for you! Go for it. This is the only life we have.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:08 AM

Good morning this fine fall day. It sounds like most of us are doing O.K.

Missy, I love the idea of NSV. Those are importantant to claim when you are maintaining as well as when you are losing. I feel I need all the victories I can get especially if other things are going crazy in my life. Anyway congratulations on your NSV today.

MJ it was good to see from you again. Hope everything is O.K. with you. Prayers are with you.

I'm going to St. Vinny's this morning with DH to try and pick up a couch. Ours is so worn out that I'm tired of sewing patches on it. Hope I find one. I can't see going and getting a fancy new one with all our furbabies and use it gets so we just buy used ones when we need one and can find one.

Update on Arianna - it is cancer in her mouth on the right side that has traveled into the bone tissue on the right side. They are starting treatments today. No two year old should have to go through this. For that matter no family no family should have to go through this.

Pam - How is Ethan doing. Have they controlled the seizures yet? My prayers are still with him and his family.

Well I have a ton of stuff to get done - projects for classes coming up this weekend (I tend to procrastinate). DH is at a doc appt so hopping I can quick get some things done before he gets home. Maybe I'll pop in this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 AM

I love this idea!!! NSV is so very important & we tend to ignore them. We all need to celebrete them more often.