What to do????

Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 AM

some people are so starved for attention they do really idiotic things - she had to know what she looked like if only cus its so cold out now she had to have a cold front blowing up her butt. The best way to get them to stop is simply NOT reacting to them - all the skin/piercings/tattoos/hair-nonhair muli colored hair etc - just ignore it all.
I think all the ugliness (this is each person's perception, mind you) on the outside shows the degree they hurt inside, sometimes. Just treat them respectfully, as anybody else - I think they set themselves up to say, "see, the world is a rotten place, see how I'm treated", if you're honestly nice, they can't say that -and maybe will stop being weird, cus, really, that is harder to keep up - sharet
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 AM

I had a heart to heart talk with a young summer intern one year. It was so bad, she would come in to work looking like a street walker or she was going clubbing. High heels, skimpy skirts, revealing tops, makeup out the wazzoo. I was the only middle age woman working in the group and the rest were either younger or men who didn't want to confront her because she was a good looking girl they were afraid of sexual harrassment charges. They just ignored her, she'd be gone in 8 weeks anyway.

I grabbed her after the first week, pulled her into my office and explained that she was an attractive young woman but she needed to dress appropriately for work and nobody was going to tell her this fact. She proceeded to tell me I was just jealous of her looks, and I was old and fat. I just laughed at her and told her that becasue I was old and fat I could tell her the truth. I made a deal with her, the rest of the week-come in wearing jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes like everyone else and see what happened.

At the end of her internship she thanked me for the advice because they started treating like a student and allowing her to learn things. Before they were afraid to be in a room with her alone.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I had a heart to heart talk with a young summer intern one year. It was so bad, she would come in to work looking like a street walker or she was going clubbing. High heels, skimpy skirts, revealing tops, makeup out the wazzoo. I was the only middle age woman working in the group and the rest were either younger or men who didn't want to confront her because she was a good looking girl they were afraid of sexual harrassment charges. They just ignored her, she'd be gone in 8 weeks anyway.

I grabbed her after the first week, pulled her into my office and explained that she was an attractive young woman but she needed to dress appropriately for work and nobody was going to tell her this fact. She proceeded to tell me I was just jealous of her looks, and I was old and fat. I just laughed at her and told her that becasue I was old and fat I could tell her the truth. I made a deal with her, the rest of the week-come in wearing jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes like everyone else and see what happened.

At the end of her internship she thanked me for the advice because they started treating like a student and allowing her to learn things. Before they were afraid to be in a room with her alone.
had a few girls like that where I worked, but there was a written dress code in the co handbook and the CEO would walk the building each morning and have HR go out and tell someone they had to go home and change (clock out and then in again and lose pay!) to be at work. The poor dressing stopped after the first 2 times people where sent home. HR also had an iron and ironing board in her office because the CEO didint like to see people who dealt with the public all wrinkled either.
another place I worked they finally made us buy uniforms, granamalized, (think school uniforms - tan/black/skirts/dress pants then tan/black/yellow/burgandy/white/dk green polos) and posted a list every friday as to what we were to wear each day the following week. sharet
Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 AM

I hate to see that
Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

LOL...there are a few towns around here that actually now have laws on the books again underwear and butt cracks! How sad is that???!!! But...the low riders have stopped in those places. A few fines really put a crimp in their "style"! LOL!

Don't get me started on this stuff....now...about those muffins formed and cats fighting in the back of those "Pajama Jeans".....
Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 AM

My third-graders sat on the floor for story time and I had the girls wearing low-rise pants sit in the back so the boys didn't get an eyeful of butt crack. You wouldn't think third-grade boys would be aware, but some of them watched R-rated movies. (WITH their parents!)
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM

Sorry. Double post.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
That's why I hate buying jeans now, they are so low cut, I feel like I am constantly pulling them up, what happened to making clothes that cover the body, especially when you have extra curves and these clothes are not designed with girls like me in mind, that have a heavier bottom half
I have relatively narrow hips, but a long torso, and the low cut jeans don't work for me either. I honestly don't know who they do really work for; very few people look good in them imo. I also ride and low cut breeches are all the rage - just wonderful when people are jumping :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 10-21-2011, 06:37 AM

Just plain trashy!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:49 AM

Unfortunately if the friends they have all dress that way they don't see anything wrong with it.