Guilty pleasures

Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 AM

Curling up in front of the fire on a cold afternoon with a lap quilt and a good book, writing real letters on paper to people I want to keep in my life, chocolate of course (goes without saying), having someone come in once a month to really clean my house (Yay!!)
driving in my car, all alone, with the music loud and the windows down.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:27 AM

Buying new fabric and books about quilting. This is the only thing I feel guilty about.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 AM

guilty pleasures: horseback riding in the fall, in the leaves; making brownies and licking the bowl; adding fabric to a stash that has already assumed a life of its own; watching old movies (i mean REALLY old movies) for too many hours a week; staying in my PJs until noon on a day off; ignoring the real chores and focusing on what i WANT to do, not what i'm supposed to do; polishing the silver even when company's NOT coming; burning incense in the living room, and watching the lazy smoke crawling across the sunbeams in the air (it drives hubby nuts); reading when i can--even cooking with a book in one hand...the list goes on.

when i finally get home from work (i hate 12 1/2 hour shifts, and having to be on call afterwards) i really don't want to do much of anything. so i sit with my laptop on my lap (that's why they named it laptop, isn't it??) and read this board, catch up on e-mail, read some blogs, look at facebook, etc. i don't drink, i don't party, i don't carouse--i "computer". that's probably my biggest guilty pleasure...
Old 10-22-2011, 06:10 AM

"Dark Choclate Cherry Bomb" ice cream a Maxx Ice Cream by Dreyer

hard to find and only come in small containers here, but it is truely incredible
Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Popcorn, made on the stove in an old pan... with melted butter. And salt!

In a BIG bowl.

On a rainy day. Like today!
:thumbup: With chocolate as a chaser!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:26 AM

Singing and dancing around the house, All Right!!!!!!

Originally Posted by valsma
1)Eating chocolate in bed, 2) quilting and buying fabric for my stash, 3) singing and dancing around the house to music when nobody is home, 4) singing outloud to the radio in my truck while driving, and 5) watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
:-)

I'm not going to add spending to much time reading quiltboard because I don't feel the least bit guilty.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 AM

My new guilty pleasure is the computer site, Pinterest. I can't stop!!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 AM

Besides buying fabric: Chocolate, reading mysteries, getting in my jammies early and staying in them late, lunch or coffee with friends.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Ok folks, let's dish the dirt on quilting and non-quilting guilty pleasures: 1) my fabric stash 2) hanging out in my robe for 2 hours on a weekend a.m. 3) reading tacky romance novels 4) sitting on my front porch watching the sun go down with either a mug of tea, glass of wine, my hubby and dog Stitches keeping me company 5) sleeping in 6) watching Food Network or HGT for hours and 7) checking out QB when I should be working

:thumbup:
I think I have found my twin!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 AM

No guilt here -I raised my son-kept the house clean-cooked-worked 60hr weeks along side of my husband-and rarely spent money on myself so now it's my turn to splurge on myself when I have a couple extra dollars.