Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Stencils >

Quilting Stencils

Quilting Stencils

Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 PM

i like my frixion pens they work great on stencils and simply iron off. yes they come back if you put them in the freezer but if its that cold you will appreciate the warmth of the quilt and not even notice the marking.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 AM

I use the "Stecil Company" too. www.quiltingstencils.com
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I also use Crayola Washable markers with the fine point. Again, test first...don't ask me why! It was the brown on the yellow fabric I think.

I use the fine line purple erasing markers, they disappear after 24 hours completely. I mark as I go with these.

The blue wash away markers work great on everything but pink. They some times hang on there...

The blue Chaco chalk sometimes has an issue, but I haven't had a problem with the white chaco
If your blue soluble marker does not wash out, try the following:
¼teaspoonbakingsoda
¼cuphotwater
Pour over marked area and the blue disappears forever.

I hope this helps witht he problems with the blue pen not coming out. This is what I was told to do by one of the women from The Baltimore Album Society when I took her class.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:10 AM

The Stencil Company. They have a website. I used to keep hundreds on hand when I had a brick and mortar shop....
Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by vickster
i like my frixion pens they work great on stencils and simply iron off. yes they come back if you put them in the freezer but if its that cold you will appreciate the warmth of the quilt and not even notice the marking.
But if you soak them in "hot water" they don't come back. There was a thread on here that mentioned though that the use of starch affects how well it goes away.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I agree that they have great stencils but they are too large for the at home quilters. I sent them a message and ask for them to please consider making a category for the quilters with stencils small enough for us to work with. Thanks for the site though; I really like it.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
My favorite online quilting stencil site is http://www.quiltingcreations.com/

I have ordered from them numerous times and they always come quickly. It does take a long time to look at their whole collection because it is huge! But they have broken it down to handy sections like "feather blocks" "feather borders" "background" "double wedding ring" and stuff like that.
This is really nice and they are starting a section just for quilters; that will be nice.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
Originally Posted by gellybean402
http://www.urbanelementz.com/ I have bought pantos from them and they are very friendly.
I think they just stopped selling paper pantos in August. They have gone to digital designs exclusively. I was so disappointed!

I just checked their site...must have been a different company..I will have to go do some checking.
I don't know if it's only for the free stuff but when I clicked on a design for free it gave me an option of downloading to either digital or pantos paper; when I clicked on pantos paper it showed the design so maybe they just changed how they are doing it. I would try other designs to see if it is still there just not as obvious.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
Originally Posted by gellybean402
http://www.urbanelementz.com/ I have bought pantos from them and they are very friendly.
I think they just stopped selling paper pantos in August. They have gone to digital designs exclusively. I was so disappointed!

I just checked their site...must have been a different company..I will have to go do some checking.
I contacted the company asking about thier formats and the paper pantos and here is the email I got back from them. I have to admit I was really impressed about the fast response time I got to both emails that I sent; less than an hour and this is on Sunday. Here is the email:the part about my info being incorrect is the part about they no longer carry paper pantos.

Hi Judy,

We carrying the major formats for quilting machines ... embroidery formats have to be set-up differently digitally and I haven't crossed that bridge yet. Hopefully we will next year.

And your information is incorrect ... The previous user must have us confused with Intelligent Quilting. We still carry (and will always carry) paper pantos.

Patricia
Old 10-23-2011, 06:36 AM

http://createforless.com I've gotten some from here too. Great choices.