Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 AM

I live about 2-3 miles from where I was born, live here almost all my life except for a short 3 years period when my ex was in the Air Force and we moved to Nebraska, then Germany, then Dover AFB, Andrews AFB and then I came home. I live in Baltimore City near our famous Inner Harbor, Charm City it's referred to. Sometimes I think about moving to Virginia near my sister but my son is still at home so that won't be happening anytime soon, maybe if her marries and moves away, I'll consider it again. Been a city girl almost all my life, I love that I can walk anywhere in my neighborhood. If I move that won't be so easy to walk everywhere. Soooooo undecided.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 AM

I actually live in the same house I grew up in, purchased it from my parents many years ago.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 AM

for now I'm only 20 minutes from where we grew up but not for much longer- I'll be leaving Ohio and heading to Missouri come spring :-) :-) I'll be closer to my Pops and the rest of my brothers and my sister and all my nephews and niece :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:58 AM

Was born in the Philadelphia area and Dad moved us to a farm when I was 7. Have lived within 60 miles of that farm the rest of the time - and bloom wherever I am at the moment - thought my last place was the "end of life" place but surprise!! When DD got sick in another town, God provided not one, but two houses right behind hers. He said "choose" and I have a delightful small house behind hers. This may not be my "final" place but I'll move whenever and wherever - even at 71 years old.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Born in Mobile, AL - lived in AL in various cities. Yep, we moved a lot. Now live in Ellijay, GA. (retired) Between Mobile and Ellijay I lived in NE for 20 years, Saudi Arabia for 2, Germany for 2 1/2, ARK, KY, TN, TX, FLA. Guess you could say moving was in my blood. I have found that you CAN be happy where you are planted. Each "stop" along the way was unique in some way and had much to offer toward my personal growth. Very content with retirement home, tho.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 AM

I was born in Il,moved to Denver CO when i was 3 or 4.I grew up and married and lived in and around Denver.Now we live just south west of Canon City,CO
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM

I grew up and lived in a rather large city in MA but longed for the day I could get to the country. We actually tossed a coin, heads we'd move to Maine, tails we would go to Florida. Guess what, I won and DH just puts on extra layers in the winter rather then lounging on a Florida beach. We both love it here, been here since 1976.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 AM

-First, I've read the places everyone has lived-& found all fascinating. I grew up in South Miami, FL, but loved GA and all those trees and mountains. While in GA met my husband, had a family and thought we'd be there forever. But husband's job brought us to So Cal where most of our mountains have no trees. We've fallen in love with OR- lots of trees and mountains. The only prerequisite is a coast line. So the saga continues.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 AM

I am still living here in SC about 15 miles from where I was born and raised. My husband and I move to Glen St. Mary, FL and stayed for about 10 months. We loved it there, but it just wasn't home.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM

I live in the house right next door to the one I grew up in. Lived in this town the first 21 years of my life, moved away and swore I'd never come back to it. Very small town, too much family and way too much drama. As fate would have it, I moved back 12 years ago and working at the school I attended from Kindergarten through high school graduation.

DH and I would love to move out of this town, but with the real estate market what it is, it's almost impossible to sell houses here that aren't foreclosures or short sales and can't afford to do that.