Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Christmas Of Color >

Christmas Of Color

Christmas Of Color

Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by crafterbarbara
I have at last ordered this pattern. Now I have to wait for snail mail to receive it and make one. Thank you! Are you going to post your finished work? Please
Where did you order the pattern from?
Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 PM

I hope that if anyone knows where we can possibly get this pattern, they will let us know. Yes, there was one on Ebay for sale but I stopped watching it when it got up to over $20.
Originally Posted by Pattigail
I just ran to get the magazine and could not find this pattern in there!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Delta
Sorry forgot to attach it.
I was going to make a quilt from these, but might do place mats for my friends in Michigan. Paper piecing is fun. love it.
thx for looking
Oh! I'm in Michigan and I'd love to be your friend!!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:24 PM

There just stunning. My friend Carol would like me to show her how to do these. So were gonna get together and make the wall hanging/quilt in the magazine.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by coastienest
Originally Posted by mmb195152
I have been on ebay, and everywhere I could think of on the web.
No luck finding the McCall's Quilting Mag Nov/Dec 2009 for the pattern. I would really like this pattern. What next? Thanks.
They said it is on the newstands reprinted in the McCalls Holiday Issue. Good luck. I need to go find one too.
I had already purchased the 2011 Holiday issue, and the pattern is NOT in there. On page 8, there are some pictures of what has been created from the pattern: a quilt, a wall hanging, and some window quilts.

I found the pattern after calling several of my quilting friends (Thanks SO much Judy!!!!!!!), sent my daughters on a mission looking for it, and sending group emails out for help in looking for the issue.

Renee Peterson, are you listening? Help us make you a fortune.

If you go to McCalls Quilting.com, and look up the artist Renee Peterson, you can get her Christmas Cactus Pattern as well as a couple others on their site. Alas, no Jeweled Forest Pattern on line however.

Happy hunting sister sewers.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by irquilter
I have this tree pattern, what a nice idea, even wall hangings with several, or alternated with filler blocks, wow, you've triggered lots of fun ideas for me, thank you! I live in MI :o)
Where in Michigan do you live??? I have looked for this pattern at Meijer's, Barnes and Nobles, and the local drug store...NOTHING. I will drive over with my copy machine...
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ashgrover
Originally Posted by JanetP
Originally Posted by Happy Tails
KNOCK HARDER!!!!SHE AINT HEARING US
Originally Posted by Highmtn
Ok.. I have a plan! . :thumbup:

Let's draw straws and who EVER lives the closest to Delta has to go over to her house, politely knock on her door and tell her to GO CHECK HER Quilters Board " Christmas of Color" post....

Inquiring minds want to know......

INQUIRING MINDS NNNEEEEEEEED her secret pattern....LOLOL
A trip to Canada would be nice!
Pattern and magazine-
I just bought the McCalls Holiday Issue The Best of Quilting and thought I was seeing things when I looked at the date it says Nov Dec 2009 Volume 16 NO. 6 so the pattern or patterns must have been so popular they have reprinted the magazine again. Name of the pattern is "Bejeweled Forest" designed by Renee Peterson. I subscribe to McCall's quilting but saw issue on magazine rack and flipped through it and saw picture and the pattern and of course had to have it. I didn't notice the date until I just went to look at the issue date for you. The magazine has the pattern, in the pattern fold out section. I am going to change the arrange ment and make a throw for the back of my sofa for the Christmas Holidays. If you can't find the magazine on your local news stands try McCalls web site for it.
I just ran to 3 different stores to find this pattern...searched and searched. Found a McCalls quilting magazine and there was an article about several quilters who made this pattern, but no pattern. I must have checked a zillion times just to make sure. Where did you find the magazine that you are talking about?? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM

I love those trees.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Originally Posted by nativetexan
Good find Texan! here is what the frot of the McCalls cover looks like that the jeweled forest was in
Where did you find this magazine? I looked at 3 different places today and found NOTHING..
Old 10-23-2011, 08:20 PM

Love your trees of color!