Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will my quilts go? >

Where will my quilts go?

Where will my quilts go?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 PM

I just recently updated my Will and said all of mine go to my son. Not sure where all of my fabric, machine and cabinet will go since he's not interested in that. Hopefully some day I'll have a granddaughter. :thumbup:
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

I'll be gone so I won't know or care.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM

I told my husband that our daughter and daughter-in-law have first choice. Then the rest goes to our church for quilting. After that he can back the truck up to the house and do what he wants. :)
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 AM

We just updated our trust. The last page, and there were lots of pages, a blank list is there to fill out.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 AM

Now having said that... about filling in the blanks of who gets what..... we've yet to do that. My mother-in-law put masking tape on the bottom of certain things with names.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 AM

I have no children, my brother had none. I have nieces/nephews from DH's side. DH is older than me, so I'll likely outlive him. I've decided when I hit 70 or so, I am moving to a Sr apartment. I'll decide then who gets what. LOL That gives me close to 20 years to decide.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:20 AM

This is such a good idea...When my DH's Grandpa passed his parents moved Grandma closer to them with a pre-furnished house. They sold pretty much everything she had. We were so upset when we heard that they sold her quilts (heirlooms) and fishing stuff (from grandpa, my DH went fishing with him all the time as a kid). Thank goodness there was 1 quilt that they didn't sell and I told Grandma that I wanted it. And when she passed there was a note on that quilt stating to give it to me. It's a wedding ring that only the top is done (needs fixing) and I'm scared to death of it. So glad that I have it though :0)
Old 10-25-2011, 03:28 AM

Alright ladies just leave my name and number for your dh I will take it all off thier hands. lol
Old 10-25-2011, 03:29 AM

That's a very good quetion and I don't know . My daughter has a very busy life style works 10 hrs. a day, goes to college and writes ( hasn't published yet). My DGD is going to college also ( teacher K-3rd grade)plus works and she can't sit still long enough to sew. My friends all have the newest machines but don't quilt. My cousins also have the new machines. I guess I would go and see if the Cotton Patch quilt shop would want them.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger
I have no idea.. I give most of my things away.. I have a few quilts from my grandmother's .. but the kids appear to have very little interst.. along with my china and crystal that all would I married - so carefully registered for.. this generation. "We don't want old stuff Mom."

I try not to think about it. :(
I have a set of my great grandmother's china in my hope chest and a quilt from my grandma and great grandma. But my brother and I have decided, I get the girly things (china, sewing machine, quilts, etc) and he gets my grandfather's tool and my dad's guns (though I do get the one my grandfather gave to me but I will probably never use it) and of course, if he's married, I'll let his wife pick some things out too. Same goes if I have a husband. But some of the things we're already dividing up. Like I get the fancy blanket chest and the cedar wardrobe that came from the farm where my grandma grew up and he gets the not so fancy one and the blue set of china.

The sad thing is, my mom knows about this and shakes her head every time. But as for quilts, I hopefully won't have to think about that for a while!