Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane blocks >

Dear Jane blocks

Dear Jane blocks

Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM

It's difficult to do all of the blocks using the same method. I think you have to look at each block individually, and decide which method will work best. Block A-11 is the most difficult block I've done so far, and I used paper piecing, hand stitching and machine piecing on just that one block. Is anyone else using a variety of techniques to sew their blocks?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 AM

Hi ladies,

I've been working on a Dear Jane for more than year now. It is a thoroughly enjoyable experience and I truly feel like a better quilter after 130 blocks or so.
If you're struggling with assembling the blocks, I have a blog where I discuss my way of making the blocks. I am machine piecing and hand appliqueing.
The link to my blog is in my signature. As a new member I don't want to be posting links as yet.
Oh, and you can definitely make the quilt with the book only, although the software saves you from having to trace the block diagrams.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

well it would be kind of wrong to advertise your store and try to sell products without paying a fee to admin of this board.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:55 AM

I'm truly sorry if it seemed like I was advertising my store. My blog has free instructions for the quilt and has nothing to do with my store at all.
I just thought it may help quilters embark on the Dear Jane journey.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Banned

i just wanted you to be aware since you've put up two post steering people to your store.

its not an accepted practice on the forum - this is a place for people to discuss quilting and admin has the tools to provide advertising and you should discuss that with admin and pay the fees.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:04 AM

Please let me know where I've steered people to my store because that was certainly not my intention.
Blogs are journals where you can share your experiences and knowledge. They are not stores.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Banned

blogs that are attached to stores are just another part of the store.

blogs by people who aren't trying to sell things thru their blog posts are just blogs.

your blog post promote your store. these aren't unbiased blog entries or post you're promoting your agenda.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 AM

I do apologize. I was really just hoping to share my love for quilting with other quilt lovers.
I will be leaving this forum.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Banned

if you are genuine you will stay and provide help to the quilters here without promoting your store.

if your entire point for coming here was to market your business contact admin regarding the advertising options.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Block D-13

I think Jane may have done a lot of her designing by folding paper and then drawing in the lines. She may have cut her block apart and then used if for her templates.

I'm attaching D-13 as an example - it matches the drawing, but when I look more closely at the photograph, the center does not come out to the edge like the drawing does. I may or may not change my pattern.

The dotted lines represent the fold lines. The solid lines represent the design lines.

If Jane just traced around the pieces, she could have used any size square and not have to worry about making it easy to measure.

There are quite a few blocks in the quilt that seem to have this shape as part of the design.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-44446.jpe
Views:	68
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	44446