Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmarts that still have fabric???? >

Walmarts that still have fabric????

Walmarts that still have fabric????

Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
GMA

we are very fortunate, 0ne 15 miles north, one 15 miles south, one 30 miles west and some LQS.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM

It's hard to tell in Michigan, some of them have fabric & say they will Never get rid of it & others have already closed out "anything that needs to be measured & cut"! Same thing in FL, at least in St Augustine & around Palm Coast. They have some nice quilt shops with good sales in Flagler Beach, though! So, if anybody is going down there...........? :roll:
Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 PM

None of the KMart's or Target's in MI have fabric??? Is that what you're referring to? Or just shopping, in general? :?:
Old 07-23-2009, 08:45 PM

I'd complain, craftylady, but my Wal-mart is already remodeling. The needlework section is now one little row of notions and some leftover yarn over by the kiddie crafts. I can't imagine what they'll be putting in those huge empty spaces that are there now.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:34 AM

WalMart north of Hanover has fabric, and I think the two stores in York still do. Yes, some of the fabric frays and looks thin. If it doesn't feel good in my hand, it doesn't feel good in my house! That's why I can't get the hang of shopping on line for fabric - I like to feel it!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 AM

The Walmart in Hickory, NC still carries fabric but the other stores that are fairly close in Morganton, Granite Falls, Conover, etc., do not carry any fabric. That was really dumb of Walmart to stop carrying fabric when there are so many more quilters and sewers now. DUH :?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:17 AM

In the Perth area where I live there is no Wal Mart...there is one in Smith's Falls which still sells fabric but not much...there is a new one in Carleton Place that has no fabric....are there any in the ottawa area that still sell fabric...does anyone know...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Another quilter in my neighborhood. I'm in China. I did notice that the Wtvl. store is having lots of sales on notions and their material section is getting smaller. Same with the Augusta store. I try and pick up notions that are on sale since money is tight up here in Vacationland.

I live in Winslow, right next to Waterville, Their fabric department has been reset and they have more fabric in now, they are also getting new quilting supplies in as well. I'm loving the new fabric department. Not sure when the last time you were there, but the fabric department to me isn't getting smaller, its getting better. :)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by crafty lady
I am dept. manager of a Wal*Mart in Ohio and I feel I have a very good selection of fabric. I order hundreds of yards weekly trying to stay in stock since one about 20 minutes away closed their dept. I have been told that I to will lose my fabric when we remodle with should be within a couple of years. I hope with the added business from the other two stores, they will let me keep mine! I was told all but about 200 stores would lose the dept. and new stores being built aren't including fabric. I really feel this will do nothing but hurt our business. I haven't talked to anyone who is happy about the situation. Keep complaining, it might do some good. :(
Oh, wow -- talk about a dream job -- ordering fabric that you don't have to pay for!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM

I think Walmart has really cut their noses off....fabric sales at the Hickory, NC store is non-stop. They cannot keep enough fabric. It's really a shame that Walmart cannot see their stupidity...all the fabric and notion sales are now going to the other places like Hancocks, etc. And our area only has one Hancock Fabric store now. I wish I had the money to open a sewing/fabric store close to where I live. It would be great!