Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 PM

well booklady, I think I am going to use scraps from the other four rows (autumn, travel around the world, blue/ tan & christmas) for 4 of your blocks (1 block for each row) I have picked out 4 of the "underground RR" blocks for them and the 5th and final block will be a star I think in the middle? how does that sound?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:22 PM

sounds great!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Sent priority today!!! Again, my apologies for the tardiness. I've picked the fabric for the next one and will try to mail by this weekend.

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
I hate to be a fussbudget but Booklady can you please try to send the next quilt to me by next week? We sold our house last week (after only 15 days on market) and settlement is the middle of November. I don't want the package to get lost in the shuffle of all the boxes sitting around. I also don't want it to be in transit while the move is taking place. I understand you are dealing with issues and believe me nobody understands that better than me! I have been working 7 days a week for a year and a half and the last month or so they've been adding 2 and 3 double shifts to that. So basically I have 2 full time jobs and now I have 4 weeks to pack up a house then unpack it all in the new one. It would surely help if this was one less thing for me to worry about. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 AM

Sorry, I haven't responded until now. The forced doubles are always on the weekend (of course)!

Booklady, I was thinking, if it would help you out you don't have to add a row to my quilt. Instead you could make an oversized block and I can use that to make a pillow to match. The quilt will be big enough to make it into a lap size and I could put the quilt and pillow on my chair in the family room at the new house for when I watch TV. Of course, you are still more than welcome to add a whole row, I am just giving options to try to make it easier on you. Take your time with my quilt even if it's after the the holidays when I get it. I am in no hurry for mine and I surely won't have the time to quilt it until after the new year.

Robbi, I probably won't have time to start sewing your blocks until after the move. I think I will try to cut a few blocks out before that though. I am just going to keep out my cutter, one or two rulers and some Christmas fabric. I am really going to try to have it to you by Christmas but I can't promise that.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 AM

Congratulations, that's great it sold so fast! We're closing mid-November too, the 21st ~[/quote]

Congrats, sounds like you will be spending your Thanksgiving moving also! I believe we are actually going to have the holiday weekend off of work and my daughter is coming home from college so I should get most of the stuff unpacked. My husband is doing a good amount of packing up since I am working so much. Funny thing though, he decided to start the packing in the kitchen. All the food was the first thing packed!!! I had to suggest that he think about packing other parts of the house because I would still like to eat between now and Thanksgiving! Bless his heart for trying! He started laughing and said okay so now things are moving along nicely. Hope everything is going smoothly for you guys!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 AM

my goal is to get Booklady's in the mail to her by 11-15, I won't be opening the box with my row till I get hers in the mail so, Saritabee, no rush on my account lol
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Congratulations, that's great it sold so fast! We're closing mid-November too, the 21st ~
Congrats, sounds like you will be spending your Thanksgiving moving also! I believe we are actually going to have the holiday weekend off of work and my daughter is coming home from college so I should get most of the stuff unpacked. My husband is doing a good amount of packing up since I am working so much. Funny thing though, he decided to start the packing in the kitchen. All the food was the first thing packed!!! I had to suggest that he think about packing other parts of the house because I would still like to eat between now and Thanksgiving! Bless his heart for trying! He started laughing and said okay so now things are moving along nicely. Hope everything is going smoothly for you guys![/quote]

Well, that's one way to make sure you fit into all your fancy holiday clothes! *grin* We've hit some little roadblocks but hopefully those can be fixed easily... at least packing will be a breeze, since we're only half-unpacked from the LAST move. *grin*
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
my goal is to get Booklady's in the mail to her by 11-15, I won't be opening the box with my row till I get hers in the mail so, Saritabee, no rush on my account lol
Sounds good :)
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by saritabee
Congratulations, that's great it sold so fast! We're closing mid-November too, the 21st ~
Congrats, sounds like you will be spending your Thanksgiving moving also! I believe we are actually going to have the holiday weekend off of work and my daughter is coming home from college so I should get most of the stuff unpacked. My husband is doing a good amount of packing up since I am working so much. Funny thing though, he decided to start the packing in the kitchen. All the food was the first thing packed!!! I had to suggest that he think about packing other parts of the house because I would still like to eat between now and Thanksgiving! Bless his heart for trying! He started laughing and said okay so now things are moving along nicely. Hope everything is going smoothly for you guys!

Well, that's one way to make sure you fit into all your fancy holiday clothes! *grin* We've hit some little roadblocks but hopefully those can be fixed easily... at least packing will be a breeze, since we're only half-unpacked from the LAST move. *grin*[/quote]

We have hit a road block ourselves! The people buying our house had the people buying their house back out. So now ours is back on market but I expect it won't take long for another offer. Now I'm living with a half packed house and boxes everywhere. Actually, it takes some pressure off and I am planning on hitting Robbi's quilt hard to try to get it done before another offer comes in. I got the package today from Booklady and I must say it is one AWESOME quilt. Each and every row is absolutely beautiful.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:08 AM

We have hit a road block ourselves! The people buying our house had the people buying their house back out. So now ours is back on market but I expect it won't take long for another offer. Now I'm living with a half packed house and boxes everywhere. Actually, it takes some pressure off and I am planning on hitting Robbi's quilt hard to try to get it done before another offer comes in. I got the package today from Booklady and I must say it is one AWESOME quilt. Each and every row is absolutely beautiful.
LOL I'm not sure whether to say I'm happy or sad for you? but you were blessed with a time cushion and I'm sure a new buyer will be there shortly, have fun working on the Christmas Quilt!!!