Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts on your 'to do' list? >

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 PM

i have several things at least i want to do but i believe i'll have to live to be 200 yrs old to finish. so very little time. i keep seeing beautiful patterns here it keeps adding to my list and what to do with them when done besides charity, gifts and self. sue
Old 09-15-2011, 04:58 PM

I have several on my list but I just keep plugging along as I hand quilt mine except for the borders and that does take
awhile. BUT whilr I am quilting I just keep thinking of which one I want to do next!!!!!!!

But we all must keep quilting. :-)
Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 AM

Right now I have I have 5 big quilts, a couple of lap quilts, a table runner or two, a wall hanging, and some pot holders on my list. It's kind of nice to have a "plan". Gives me something to look forward to. I do have to be a bit careful though. I make sure I finish one project before I begin the next, or I'd be multi-taskig trying to finish several projects at the same time, which is a disaster for me.

I can multi-task a large project with small ones, and I can multi-task quilts with lots of housework, etc., but I can't keep two big projects going and keep them straight. They're too big.

Good luck with your projects. Say, you didn't say how many you have going! How about it?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 AM

i have 3 afghans done,
i have 2 table mats o finish
i had to rush i was making my son and his girlfriend pillows to take with them when they moved to ga a couple wks ago and a bed pillow for nikki yes the dog she's so cute. not a big dog part pug an i never can remember the rest.
i just finishing doing a xmas tree skirt for my daughter's new house.
now i can't do anything with this cast on my hand for another wk and i hope the shots worked. i tore apart my sewing/computer even w one hand and then sprained my left foot getting out of the car after bringing a friend to pick up her car and also taking care of my husband who hasbeen sick the last 5 wks with a lung infection. i was starting to decorate for fall at this rate i may just go to xmas. i have a king size wedding ring waiting for me to make plus a bunch of other things something w dresden i love. i have a fabric shop, yarn & craft store that i have compiled over the yrs. while i was working thought i would have so much time to do things. soon i hope. just keep thinking about what's next and the gorgeous quilts i see here i add to the list. have a great day. sue
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM

Make it easy on yourself - dump the darn list. Buy what you want when you can and periodically go thru your "to do" box/drawer/container, and select a project to work on.
If you're afraid you'll forget to purchase a pattern without writing it down on a list, etc. you probably didn't want it that bad.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM

I started a list and stopped at around 40 but I like crossing things off lists so its what I work off of.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM

I would have to spend less time on this forum, ha ha......

every time I see quilt posted here that I like it goes into 'to do' folder and then when I look through all of them I have difficult time to decide which one I really want to make........

so the folder is getting bigger and bigger and I am still not quilting.........
Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
If I would;
*stay off the computer,
*didn't work full time,
*go into the chat room,
*quit collecting quilt patterns
*stay away from JAs and LQS

I would be able to
*finish a project I've started,
*start a new one,
*decide which new piecing technique I want to master or shouldl I say attempt.

I do think quilters have a touch of QCS....Quilting Confusion Syndrome.I know I suffer from it!
for sure, that is what I am suffering from QCS!!!!!! good one