Is it normal?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned

Is it normal for conversations on this board to get entertwined with others?
Let me explain what I mean. I just now went back and read my very first posts, when I introduced myself. Another person is thanking everyone for their welcomes and talking about what quilt she is wanting to try doing, and then people are talking to her/me about that quilt pattern. But other posts were definitely to me, not her.
Does this happen often?
Just wondering because I just now noticed.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 AM

Yes it does!!! Someone will see somebody's avatar and want to know about the quilt in it, someone will see where somebody lives and will comment on that. It's just like everyday conversations on here!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

What happens in this virtual community, is very much like an IRL GTG of friends.

How many times do you meet and chat with friends and stay fully on one topic? with no diversions? before going on to another?

How many times do you finish a GTG or a phone conversation, etc. and say, oh, we started talking about "that" and never continued to talk about "that"!!

Life happens and we get the best from it that we choose.
I wouldn't fret over a thread going sideways, whether ti's your debut thread or one about something else!

Just enjoy the ride!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 AM

Love the chit-chat here, just like meeting with friends for morning coffee. Yes, we get off the subject sometimes, I am guilty, too, but can always move on if I have lost interest.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM

It happens just as it does in everyday conversations. You also get some threads where the original poster asks or tells about something and then original poster comments a couple pages later to update on their subject and since some(I do it too once in a while)don't read all the replies they still answer or comment on what was first written rather than the update. Clear as mud? Oh well its still a nice place to come to "talk" to other people who share a common interest.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 AM

I try to do a PM if I'm going off the subject. But I don't always remember to do that..... :-)
Old 10-27-2011, 01:00 PM

It happens and sometimes you don't know who is the answer or comment for. I like to quote the message I am replying to.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Yes it does, which doesn't bother me, but, I'm afraid I would be "hijacking" a thread to do that!!