Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flu Season Again (What do you take?) >

Flu Season Again (What do you take?)

Flu Season Again (What do you take?)

Old 10-06-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1
I am a nurse so I must get it, but even if it wasn't required, I would get it anyway. All my family gets a shot too.
I am a nurse and I REFUSE to get the shot and won't allow anyone near my family with that shot.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I give kids and DH vitamins and extra vitamin D....I clean off counters, doorknobs, faucets,etc. with cholox wipes if anyone begins to catch a cold... We all have been very healthy except for my swim team daughter (5:30 a.m. in the water) who then has to goes out with wet hair and practice her cymbols the whole hour of band. It has been chilly here in the mornings and she has a cold now---she is also exhausted.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Originally Posted by quilter1
I am a nurse so I must get it, but even if it wasn't required, I would get it anyway. All my family gets a shot too.
I am a nurse and I REFUSE to get the shot and won't allow anyone near my family with that shot.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I give kids and DH vitamins and extra vitamin D....I clean off counters, doorknobs, faucets,etc. with cholox wipes if anyone begins to catch a cold... We all have been very healthy except for my swim team daughter (5:30 a.m. in the water) who then has to goes out with wet hair and practice her cymbols the whole hour of band. It has been chilly here in the mornings and she has a cold now---she is also exhausted.
Are you an RN? I worked up in MI for a few years.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Living with an incurable form of leukemia requires me to get the flu shot every year and a pneumonia shot every 5. It is false information, that the flu shot can make you mildly ill because there is no live virus in it. If there were, I wouldn't be able to have it.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM

I get a flu shot every year
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Flu shot and good old Tropicana OJ........

and an Advil every now and again
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 AM

Always get the shot. Work for a school bus company and we get exposed to just about everything.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:11 AM

flu shot
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 PM

I never have the flu shot as I personally do not believe in them. The flu shot only covers up to 5 varieties of flu (the ones they think are most likely to hit in a given year) and there are a dozen others. Even if you have the flu shot it will not stop you getting the flu only lesson the effects of it.

I am immune suppressed myself so I avoid going out shopping during busy times if possible and avoid being near people with obvious signs and symptoms of colds or flues or any other illness.
When out shopping I never touch my face or eat with out first cleaning my hands with sanitizer.

As a preventative I keep a small jar of honey in the pantry which I added 5 cloves of garlic to and have left it to steep. If I do come down with a sore throat then I take 1 or 2 teaspoons of the garlic steeped honey. During the winter months I also take echinaecia with garlic zinc and vitamin c for 2 weeks on two weeks off until summer comes. I have not had a cold or the flu in 6 or 7 yrs not even when I was having treatment and my immune system was severely compromised. Meanwhile my husband has his flu shot every year and still gets the flu.

Maybe1day
Old 10-28-2011, 07:00 PM

No - No shots of any kind - nor any meds of any kind!!
I get adjusted regularly - eat meat & veggies!!!
No colding, no flus Life is good!!!!