Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Groan... Target on Black Friday >

Groan... Target on Black Friday

Groan... Target on Black Friday

Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 AM

I love shopping on Black Friday but absolutely refuse to go to Target! Went there last year and had a HORRIBLE experience with a worker there and haven't set foot in Target since. I think with Black Friday you have to have the right attitude. Odds are you are not going to get that Super bargain you really wanted to get. I go with the attitude if i get fine, if not it just wasn't meant to be. My sister and I go every year and then I usually go to work ( I work 10 hour days on Fridays) but this year I have off. Last year we took our nephew's wife and she had so much fun. This year we are going again (the three of us) and she is so looking forward to going to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and then we hit Joann's when it opens!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:43 AM

I stay home any babysit.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:09 AM

I refuse to do battle for consumer goods.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 AM

Used to- it was fun with the sisters to plan- we would split up our lists and go different places. Now I watch for bargains online and free shipping is my favorite. Mostly- I go to the local places and buy all my "goodies"- the winery down the road, the chocolate store, the spa for the DDs gift certicates, I like to spend as much as I can on local merchants.

(and for work, I find a boy or girl scout troop doing a fund raiser and buy gifts for the Courthouse and Realtors offices.)

Pretty low key. Just not a shopper anymore.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:34 AM
cjk

Walmart is always open on Thanksgiving and they don't care about their employees.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:58 AM

I went to black Friday once, swore I'd never do it again. I don't even look at the ads that way I'm not tempted to torture myself.
I quit shopping at Target when they started refusing to allow the Salvation Army bell ringers to be in front of their stores.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:03 AM

I worked at a Wal-Mart, 3rd shift one black Friday...you just really don't know people until you see them at a black Friday sale...unbelievable, blood thirsty, rude, couldn't believe it! I will never shop in a store on black Friday! BUT...you can really get some good cyber deals on-line on black Friday. Most of the stores have the same bargains on-line as they do in the store and usually you can just have them shipped to the store for free!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

I feel sorry for all those who work in the service industries. Nowadays people think sales people, waitresses etc. are in the slave industry not service industry. The milk of human kindness has dried up!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 AM

Our daughters and I made this a tradition. Yes, we are nuts but we do have fun and it is a good excuse to not take all the grand kids with. We stop and get our coffee and have breakfast after. Just a good time. Run into a lot of people we know. I look forward to it.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 AM

I refuse to shop on major holidays, and the day after Thanksgiving qualifies for me. We have some outlet malls about 5 miles from where we live. A couple of years ago, they started opening at midnight Thanksgiving night. News reported there was a backup on the interstate about 8 miles long people going to the mall. Disgusting!