Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't believe I'm saying this.... >

I can't believe I'm saying this....

I can't believe I'm saying this....

Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 AM

I totally understand. I am currently on a 3 week vacation in our RV. I was going to bring my sewing machine, but at the last minute opted not to on this trip. Instead, I brought several projects to cut out. Brought fabrics in 3 tubs so I could pick the right fabrics for each part of the project. Strangely, just cutting for projects has really been fun and has filled the void of no sewing.

We stayed the first few nights with our good friends in Redding, CA. Luckily she is one of my BFF's and she loves sewing/quilting too. We went quilt shop shopping, and even got the chance to sew all one day together. When we left them we spent the last week in Bend, Oregon. Also visited a few quilt shops there. While my husband went fly fishing, I did my fabric choosing and cutting! At least I'll be able to get right to sewing when I get home!!

I'm bringing my sewing machine on our next long RV trip!! (I've been preparing my husband for a few years now--he thinks I'm nuts of course!) But we are going on trips more frequently now that we are retired!!

PS I would much rather buy fabric than spend the same money on slots or gambling!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:36 AM

If you get a chance check out the quilt shops. I have a daughter that lives in Reno Nevada and their a a few there I like to go check out and see what fabrics that they have .
Last year I took my machine and projects to work on while my hubby fished a big tournamet for a week. I couldn't sew because the only table area in the cute little cabin was a tall bar with stools. It was just too hard to set up and use my machine. Next time I will take some hand projects too. lol
Old 10-29-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AzSailor
but I'm getting ready to go to Laughlin, NV for four days and I WANT TO TAKE MY SEWING MACHINE!!!! I'm sharing it here only because I don't think anyone else would understand. I gamble alittle and am going to a show but, then what??? I know I'm going to have withdrawals! I'm taking my quilting mags and my Sulky Embroidery "BIG" books to read but...it's not the same...I'm really laughing at myself writing this but,...well...I know you guys will understand!
Smiles to all....Thanks for the shoulder! Oh, I'm not really a hand anythinger. LOL
Drop in to the Pioneer from 6PM until 2AM and say Hello to my son, Marne. He's a blackjack dealer there.....
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM

I can sympathize with your need to bring your machine.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM

My husband finally understands since he has started shooting at a range. We have to haul his guns to NC so he can shoot at the range...and yes, I always have to have my sewing machine. :)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 PM

If you want to take your machine along, take it and enjoy your time. God Bless.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:45 PM

my BFF and I had to attend a week long conference for work that was 400 miles from home...... we packed our Janime's and enough notions and fabric for the whole week!!! we had a ball and the maids must have wondered about all the snippets of thread on the floor tee hee
Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Oh, I SO understand! We are planning a week-long get away in S. Cal. next week and I am bringing my machine. In fact I bought a smaller Bernina for classes and travel last year. It works out well. Have fun!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:00 PM

So funny - we had friends here tonight to play Mexican Train and one of the gals loves to gamble. I was thinking to myself - 'boring' - if I can't quilt or read, I am pretty bored! I like games on the computer, but have no desire to sit and play slot machines!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:06 PM

It's too bad you cant rent a sewing machine for a day or for hours. Could be a viable business for some one who lives in a big convention town...... hmmm.......maybe I'm on to something......