Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many quilters have a cat or two? >

How many quilters have a cat or two?

How many quilters have a cat or two?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:20 AM

I have 2 cats and a dog. the cats are mine, they were adopted ferreals. Precious is socialable and Grace only likes me. Precious is my Quilt Inspector. Dixie the dog loves my husband. He is a dog person and she is his "other woman." He gets up in the am walking her and the last thing he does before he goes to bed is to walk her. He and she walks an average of 4 to 5 miles a day. She is really good for him. (she was my son's til he moved to a place that did not allow pets.)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 AM

I have one cat, and one dog. My daughter has two rabbits and a hamster.....we used to have everything in two. I called us "Noah's Ark".
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 AM

6 cats in this house.....
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 AM

I thought when I first joined that there were a lot of cat avatars but I got five so I couldn't choose one. They are all basicly rescue cats - kitten from dumpster; two from aniaml shelter; and two from flea market. They are the loves of my life and my Muffin loves to sleep in fabric and they all enjoy snuggling in those quilts.
I love reading all the names - mine are Thumper (maine coon); Halley (his sister); Tasha (dumpster); Muffin (fabric sleeper) and her sister Ruby (purrs all the time).
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 AM

One vegetarian kitty. She gets up with me at 5 every morning and her first treat of the day is about a tablespoon of canned peas!! Mine is a cup of coffee.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:35 AM

I have 2. My Big Black "Roscoe", and Black & White "JazzCat". They both Love quilts, and as soon as I start a new one, they are all over the pieces...seems all cats are attracted to quilts...I wonder if it is the "Energy" that goes into them...
Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 AM

I have 4 cats at the moment. Two are Maine Coons (Finnegan and Nicholas) and 2 strays (Jonathan and Bentley). They are our babies. I do long arm quilting and when customers come to the house rather than the shop, the kitties all think they are here to see them. They will sit on the tower in my sewing studio and watch me quilt.
We even bought a motorhome so that we could take them with us when we travel
Old 10-30-2011, 05:37 AM

Hi pheasantduster:
My husband was a taxidermist and said to tell you,"What a beautiful pheasant you have in the info picture." Good job.
Joann Birdwoman
Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 AM

Three here, Percy, Muffin, Sammie and then a lop-ear bunny, April. All my cats love to be in the middle of my quilting.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:44 AM

I live with two cats! Puddles and Patches. Two-year old litter mates who were born on my birthday. Pudd reminds me of a black and white 'Alfalfa' from Our Gang Comedies and Patches is a beautiful Calico. Can't imagine life without them. Totally 'house' cats.