Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Don't you hate that!!! I have learned to try everything on, even if it the exact same thing. It was explained to me that when they cut out a stack of pants the sizes can be quite different from the top to the bottom of the same stack. I am not sure if that makes any sense but it sounded good. Anyhow congrats on needing new jeans!

Originally Posted by meanmom
I hope everyone is having a good month. I am praying for all with health problems.I am on weight watchers and was down another 1.6 pounds this wek. I have been exercising and it is paying off. My weight loss had been slowing down a lot. I am on my elliptical 4 or 5 days a week at 5:45AM. I went shopping yesterday since my pants are all falling down :). I tried on a ton of pants and bought jeans and gray and navy. So annoyed the gray and navy are the same brand and style and size just different colors. The gray are too small GRRRRRRR! Good luck everyone avoiding the Halloween candy.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Meanmom, just save those smaller pants. You will need them in a few weeks!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM

I am down a little more than 10 pounds for October. According to my primary care doctor I weighed around 550 pounds at my highest.

This morning I weighed 374.4 a bit of a gain from last week(thanks to the yummiest ginger cookies ever!) but I am okay about this. I will just step up my exercise and focus on more protein.

I picked up my basket of veggies and fruit from Bountiful Baskets yesterday and I got so much seasonal produce that I will be able to enjoy all of this produce for the next week at every meal.

Next week we are going to process all of the apples for pie, crisps and sauce. That will be fun!

I hope yall are doing well. I sure do think about you guys everyday!

Missy

PS: For the newbies...I have had weight loss surgery. Because of that I am here for support and to give support. I do not participate in the FQ thing. It would not be fair so that is why I am here to support yall and to give support.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Look forward to posting tomorrow. I am happy that I have some jeans and tops that I can wear now that I couldn't in the summer. Lots of clothes waiting for a try on. November should open lots of choices if I am really really good.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:58 AM

You are inspirational each time I read your posts. I have a few friends who have had surgery. Congratulations on your accomplishments. Has having surgery meant more about portion control and eating more often? I have heard that some who lose the weight also then don't have to take diabetes medicine. I would like that as I hate the low blood sugars when they hit.

Congratulations on you 10+ pounds and your lose of much more than that. I imagine you feel so much better.
Just losing the 20+ I have has made walking our dog not such a chore. Best wishes for November.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am down a little more than 10 pounds for October. According to my primary care doctor I weighed around 550 pounds at my highest.

This morning I weighed 374.4 a bit of a gain from last week(thanks to the yummiest ginger cookies ever!) but I am okay about this. I will just step up my exercise and focus on more protein.

I picked up my basket of veggies and fruit from Bountiful Baskets yesterday and I got so much seasonal produce that I will be able to enjoy all of this produce for the next week at every meal.

Next week we are going to process all of the apples for pie, crisps and sauce. That will be fun!

I hope yall are doing well. I sure do think about you guys everyday!

Missy

PS: For the newbies...I have had weight loss surgery. Because of that I am here for support and to give support. I do not participate in the FQ thing. It would not be fair so that is why I am here to support yall and to give support.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
You are inspirational each time I read your posts. I have a few friends who have had surgery. Congratulations on your accomplishments. Has having surgery meant more about portion control and eating more often? I have heard that some who lose the weight also then don't have to take diabetes medicine. I would like that as I hate the low blood sugars when they hit.

Congratulations on you 10+ pounds and your lose of much more than that. I imagine you feel so much better.
Just losing the 20+ I have has made walking our dog not such a chore. Best wishes for November
Thank you so so much! Surgery has meant that I have to take tiny tiny bites and chew until there is no remnant of food in my mouth. Also, no drinking with meals. That is the one thing that I have to work hardest on. I will tell you though that the moment I swallow when I have not chewed good enough is obvious that I should not have swallowed cause it hurts like the dickens and I have to go get it out of my band. Yuck. It is better now though.

I really want to be in the 350s by the end of the year. That would be awesome! I can tell though that I have lost tons of inches. It is with the lost inches that I have the most NSVs.

I would think it would be awesome if when we weigh in at the end of the month that we post a NSV that we have now. That is there the rubber meets the road so to speak with weight loss.

Missy
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

Xylie and Lynne, where are you?

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Hi Judy, I am in Boston. Josh & I flew in around noon. Snow had already melted. Lots of wind tho and it makes it too cold to walk around. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for asking about me. Not enough hours in the day.

Hugs.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Must share that I am not looking forward to weighing in. Glad we do a private email about it. It is all my fault, I went to "Quilt Camp" and ate what was there. No good planning or being prepared so it is truly my fault. Glad Tuesday starts a new month. Congrats to Oct winner, whoever you may be.
Jeannette in NJ
Old 10-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Glad to see that lots are having a good result with their weight loss I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I got on the scale. Don't think it will be enough though but it was fun having others going through the same thing as me.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Sheila, it's always enough. Any weight loss is enough, some are just more 'enough'.

MJ. that's a very generous offer, but cutting DP blocks for me athe LQS doesn't qualify as bed rest. Thank you, but I'll decline. The convex curved part will be pieced before it's cut. Fun and games.

Jeannette, we only pm MaryJane if it's over 4 pounds. I've never had that honor.

Didn't eat well today. I did okay at the luncheon after church for our retiring organist, but not so good at my GDD's b day party. My GD made chicken enchiladas and she made me some without tortillas. I did okay with that as it was a single serving, but she also had chips and queso dip. Then ice cream and more ice cream when I got home. Tomorrow's weight will be interesting. Then I only walked just over a mile because I stopped to see a friend on the way home and didn't get home until very late. My son thinks I am a wimp and doesn't like me out too late - of course, he's in NJ so he doesn't have to know.

I finished and delivered a very late b day present today. Just an apron, but it's still a good feeling to complete something. My friend and I were talking tonight about how much harder it is to stay on task and not get distracted as we age. Does anyone know how to find the story about that so I can share it with him?

It's very late or very early, so it's goodnight for me.