Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM

Emmah, Thanks ever so much I didn't have a clue what it took. Your a treasure for helping me.
Donna

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
Would anyone have resources for bobbins for a 99K singer machine? Thanks in advance for your help. Donna
It takes class 66 bobbins, available at walmart, JoAnns or anywhere sewing stuff is sold. Get the metal ones, not the plastic ones.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Ok, really did nothing I should have this weekend (except mow). Instead, the White Embossed FR is done. She sews, although she rocks all over the place if you let loose! Without the motor, fine...motor alone, fine...altogether, better not go too fast!

I don't really name my machines, but she may be just have to be Cookie. :)
The machine turned out really nice. Is the belt doing all the vibration. It could be the wrong belt and is adjusted properly.
glenn
Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks ever so much I didn't have a clue what it took. Your a treasure for helping me.
Donna

Originally Posted by emmah
Would anyone have resources for bobbins for a 99K singer machine? Thanks in advance for your help. Donna
It takes class 66 bobbins, available at walmart, JoAnns or anywhere sewing stuff is sold. Get the metal ones, not the plastic ones.
That is what we do on this site...help each other out. Anyone could get a college degree in vintage sewing machines by reading all the postings!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I just got a Necchi Supernova BU. I got it rewired and running, but haven't sewn with it yet. It has all these cam attachments and feet in the neatest accessory case. Wondered if anyone knows anything about this machine?

Texas Jan
I've only heard about the Supernova BU and it's all been good. I have a Necchi Nora for parts since it has broken plastic parts inside. Look inside the BU and see if you see any plastic. The Nora has some very interesting design and engineering. I really like it. If I ever get my hands on a BU you can be sure I will take it for a good spin.
There isn't any plastic on the Supernova BU. It is such a nice solid machine, I'm impressed. Maybe I will take it for a spin tomorrow.

Texas Jan
Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Well I know it has been 3 or 4 years since I ave been on ebay and I now know why. I was bopping around looking at several listings in different areas and I have been buying up a lot of the owner manuals and factory repair manuals for different sewing machines including a lot of the industrials. But in the process I had to get this because it was too good to pass up!!! I know it isnt really vintage machine material but it will look really good in my other collection I have and I cant wait to play it!!

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I know it has been 3 or 4 years since I ave been on ebay and I now know why. I was bopping around looking at several listings in different areas and I have been buying up a lot of the owner manuals and factory repair manuals for different sewing machines including a lot of the industrials. But in the process I had to get this because it was too good to pass up!!! I know it isnt really vintage machine material but it will look really good in my other collection I have and I cant wait to play it!!

Hi Billy, good to see you on the board! Wow, it is beautiful! and you play! You have many talents!

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Launie
Originally Posted by Candace
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!
Dear God what did they do to that poor thing? I wonder if you can save it still? I think they are scamming us......... :roll:

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Bennett! Cookie is beautiful...whoda thought? ;) (Well...other than all of us...)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

Well, the auction has ended, so I hope you bought it. Glad to see you "out and about" so to speak. We have all been missing you and your words of wisdom. Welcome home!