Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok Panda. Here is the Press-n-seal experiment >

Ok Panda. Here is the Press-n-seal experiment

Ok Panda. Here is the Press-n-seal experiment

Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I transferred the pattern onto it by putting the film over the paper pattern and tracing it with a permanent marker called a sharpie. then I centered it on the block and pressed it into place. Then I sewed it with my new machine. ( I was feeling lucky) It sewed well. Didn't gum up at all. Then I began the process of removing the film. It came off well. All of the little places took some time but overall I liked the process and will defiantly use it again. Good luck Panda. Please give it a shot and see how you like it. Post your results.
I just posted a question about using Press & Seal, and really had a lot of negative views on it. Mostly about gumming up the machine, and having a hard time picking the P & S out from the stitches. I decided not to try it. Glad it worked for you. Like to hear more results using this product.
BTW: You did an excellent job quilting! :)
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I thought the last thread talked about this product gumming up machines. Has anyone had that happen? I'd hate to do something horrible to my little baby!!
I had read that too and thought I would try it for myself. It didn't happen to me at all. I had no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltntime
Originally Posted by kwhite
I transferred the pattern onto it by putting the film over the paper pattern and tracing it with a permanent marker called a sharpie. then I centered it on the block and pressed it into place. Then I sewed it with my new machine. ( I was feeling lucky) It sewed well. Didn't gum up at all. Then I began the process of removing the film. It came off well. All of the little places took some time but overall I liked the process and will defiantly use it again. Good luck Panda. Please give it a shot and see how you like it. Post your results.
I just posted a question about using Press & Seal, and really had a lot of negative views on it. Mostly about gumming up the machine, and having a hard time picking the P & S out from the stitches. I decided not to try it. Glad it worked for you. Like to hear more results using this product.
BTW: You did an excellent job quilting! :)
Thank you very much
Old 07-27-2009, 04:29 PM

I also use press and seal for machine quilting so I got brave and tried it on some dish towels for hand embroidery that I could not keep the design on
it worked great came off easy except in the very small places so I layed it face down on a paper towel and set a hot iron on it worked great what little bit that did not come off I used a seam ripper and came off very easy
without harming any stitches and is easy to sew through I will use this all the time Dodie
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM

your quilt is gorgeous and I'm definitely going to try the press n seal now.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM

your quilt is gorgeous and I'm definitely going to try the press n seal now.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts but where did you get that fabric. I love it and would like to get some.
OBTW, your quilting is great.
Deb G
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 AM

I got it at Joanns. I thought is was pretty too.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the tip & the pictures. Can't wait to try this!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 AM

Your design and quilting are gorgeous, and the idea is GREAT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I bookmarked it so I won't lose it. And I immediately put it on DH's grocery list - showed him WHY first! He's as enthusiastic about INEXPENSIVE quiting products that WORK as I am.

I love that fabric - have some - and have several of the similar ones that have come out over the years. It's one of those that I haven't been able to cut into yet! Seeing how you've quilted yours may help!