Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 PM

Donna those will be beautiful. I did mine with Asian fabrics and I am more than happy with the results. Those are gorgeous and will work out fine.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Thanks Elle, sometimes another opinion makes all the difference. Then I will just carry on.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
I have purchased some of the material for Little Brown Bird and Dear Jane, I'm doing both with batiks - I'm sure this will keep me very busy but I like the challenge. What do you think about doing it with Batiks? I would appreciate your input, thanks Here is a pic of some of my fabrics to date.
Donna - those are so delicious! Should work for both quilts. I'm working almost exclusively in batiks right now. Made a quilt top out of prints (Cathedral Window in Black/White/Red) but other than that, it's batiks all the way. They are just so yummy! Yours are wonderful and look how nicely they go together spread out like that!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM

Angry Does anyone know how to get to the topic lists....

I'm not having an easy time finding my way around the new updated version - I wonder how others are making out?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM

how do we find the weekly blocks, like we used to? like week 58, 57, scallops etc?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
how do we find the weekly blocks, like we used to? like week 58, 57, scallops etc?
you have to go towards the bottom left of this page where you will see "view tag cloud" - click on that link which will bring you to the topic list - the famous Jane Stickle site near the bottom of the first page [I think - or further] will get you to all of the dear Jane threads - unfortunately not as friendly as the last board which allowed you to toggle back to the thread of DJs - you have to keep going through the view tag....unless there's a secret code???
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM

thanks , i see it. yes, it's not really friendly at all. I tried to view the 'gallery of quilts" and couldn't do that either. you know like jane, 10 minute block, xmas, YBR, jacob's ladder, etc. no pic's available.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 PM

howdy ladies - I just posted this on my DJ thread and I wanted all my fellow 'confused' & frustrated newQBrs to know how to feel normal here again

after surfing this new board I have located some things that will make life easier - many of us have this and other threads saved as bookmarks and subscriptions and used to get regular notifications. Unfortunately, although we are still subscribing to these threads and still have the same bookmarks, we fail to receive notifications. When you click on "settings" - a column will appear on the left side with various links. When you click on "subscriptions" you will notice that all of your notifications column near the right will state "none" for those threads you receive no notifications. This is how to fix:

1. At the top of a thread - above the first post you will find "thread tools search thread display" - click on thread tools and click "unsubscribe" - the page will reload.
2. Do this again - but this time click "subscribe" and a new page will appear asking you to determine your notification options - do you want to receive emails immediately, daily, weekly?? I chose daily myself because although I want to know when a post has been added, I dont want to be inundated with emails!
3. You also decide whether you want it bookmarked or in subscriptions [I dont really understand the difference - sorry will let you know - I simply said subscription here]
4. Click on add subscription and once again the page of the thread will reload
5. At this point you can click on "subscriptions" in the left column again and your chosen method of notification should have replaced the "none" YAY YAY!!

Also - I prefer having more posts per page rather than more pages - so I changed my general settings - this is found several lines below the "subscription" link in your settings. Click on General Settings - this will open up a huge bit of information and you can change several things to suit you. I changed the number of posts per page to 20 - but you can have more or less or leave it as the forum default.

Hope this helps all of you!!
Gus
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Gus
Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM

cre8, thanks. found the orginal jane thread. and took several of your suggestions. you're a wiz. thx. now could you please tell me why the pictures don't show up in the 'gallery of quilts" for me? like all the D9P, all the jacobs ladders, all the janes, all the GFG, etc.
having to learn a new computer, and a new board, and babysitting a 2 yr old all week. at least jane is getting quilted on the dining room table a little. but haven't gotten to the basement. DGS came sick, starting a week ago. about the time this board changed. and about the time the computer died.