Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Merry, Pics of my embellished applique >

Merry, Pics of my embellished applique

Merry, Pics of my embellished applique

Old 10-16-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by KastleKitty
Originally Posted by mhollifiel
Kitty,
These are all museum quality, IMHO! Your work transcends needlework to art and your color choices and placement produce a beautiful overall effect! Stunning!
Thank you! Glad you liked them. I read your info. It says you live in a swamp area! Got any good swamp stories? I am fascinated by different locales. KastleKitty :D :D
It's just below the bottom edge of the Great Dismal Swamp. We haven't been here long and we are on high ground on the Albemarle Sound. Lots of timberland interspersed with swampy sloughs. Lots of rivers as well. Good land for building is far apart. There are about 30 houses here. Lots of retirees and some vacation homes. Lots of wildlife including swans, geese, ducks all kinds of birds. Turtles, deer, turkeys, even black bear are supposed to share the turf with us. Lots of room for both two legs and four legs! With your gifts, you would be inspired to death!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel
It's just below the bottom edge of the Great Dismal Swamp. We haven't been here long and we are on high ground on the Albemarle Sound. Lots of timberland interspersed with swampy sloughs. Lots of rivers as well. Good land for building is far apart. There are about 30 houses here. Lots of retirees and some vacation homes. Lots of wildlife including swans, geese, ducks all kinds of birds. Turtles, deer, turkeys, even black bear are supposed to share the turf with us. Lots of room for both two legs and four legs! With your gifts, you would be inspired to death!
I only joined the board 2 months ago but above all the wonderment of the quilting is learning about where people are from. What you describe is very attractive to me. I love animals and nature, everybody seems to say that. But all the experiences you will get to participate in are different than living in a city. I am from a very small village (no town status) along the Ohio River. Coal mines and steel mills. I don't dislike the town, but I want to get out into nature badly! Sometimes I even think about going to the desert and trying to make a go of it living with the coyotes. I think if I were where you are, I would be out with the wildlife. I don't know if I would get much quilting done.

Thank you for your compliments. I joined to try to get a bedquilt made. I do small things and the big ones intimidate me. One after another posts their huge quilts! They are so beautiful.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 AM

This was part of the ABC's of sewing that Sewing with Nancy has. I do hope you can find some info about it because the lady's leaves were really nice. I don't know how she uses them after making them, but I would be incorporating them into a grouping that would be in a vase or doing one of those arrangements that are hung on the walls.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:53 AM

Awesome handwork and embellishment!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 AM

I'm speechless!!! Now you went and got my head swimming with ideas!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM

Absolutely stunning - each one is a beautiful work of art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 AM

Beautiful work. Very well done.

Cookie
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Holy Mackerel!!!!!! Those are just gorgeous!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 AM

Beautiful work
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Your beading is incredible!!!