Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-03-2011, 03:06 AM

Good morning losers! Don't think I could lose 10 lbs in a month unless I go back to juicing. Right now I have company arriving today and tomorrow for my sons wedding on sat. Bride and grooms nerves are shot. My son just wants it all to be over with so he can have his dream girl back..lol..I learned yesterday DO NOT ask them any questions..I can't wait for sunday to roll around
Old 11-03-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Good Morning all of us losers. We are in control of what we put in our body and what we do. When we get to a plateau, we need to increase the calorie count for a day or two to get our body out of starvation mode. Increase our water intake. if you like lemons add some lemons juice to your water. Lemons are a great durietic and will help us to lose weight as well.

Well we had a cold front come through yesterday afternoon and this has caused me to have a little more pain than I have been having prior with little help of the pain meds. I have been on the heating pad which has helped some.
Good ideas, Cindy! BTW please PM your address so I can send you FQ.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Hello all, I am also trying to get used to the new board apprearance. It was much easier to find this part of our board.

My NSV for 11-2-11 was once again avoiding that chocolate cake at the office, I could smell it all the way down the hall and had to walk past it twice. I did not put it away, was feeling a little weak (tempted that is), so just walked past it to get in and out of building and left it for others to deal with.

Sorry I do not have time to comment to each of you. I am a praying person so as I read your posts I do pray for your needs.

Jeannette in NJ
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM

Jeanne, this week is no chocolate - last week was no Halloween candy. How are you doing? Is your husband any bettter? I'll send you a PM.

Xylie, gaining weight is all our worst fear, but you've caught it and with your strength you will get it back off. Drop the sentence "I may not make it". Our bodies respond to what we tell them. If yours hears the 'may not' then you're setting yourself for failure. That being said, I do think 10 pounds is too high a goal for a month, but you go, girl. You're tougher than I am.

Patti, 10 1/2 pounds in 2 months is a perfect weight loss. If you've been stuck for three weeks, then you need to change something. I can't remember - are you drinking pop? Are you using artificial sweeteners? If your library has the Oct 31 issue of First magazine, it has an article about Dr Moreno's 17 day diet. After a detox period, you eat 1200 calories one day and more on the alternate days. I have been doing it and maintaining a 3 1/2 pound loss, which is a lot for me. I personally feel I'm going to have to make my 'food' days further apart to lose more weight. I'm ready to try a heavy food day every third day. 1200 calories is quite a bit of food if you chose wisely - this coming from someone addicted to chocolate. I didn't give up all my chocolate for this week - just restricted the amount and even that was tough yesterday.

Cindy, soft tissue pain hurts. Orthopedic pain is rough - I'm in a huge flare right now, but it's easier for me to override than any soft tissue pain. I wish a quick recovery for you.

I'm wishing all of us a healthy eating day with the right amount of good food, exercise and water. "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels." Our mantra to get us through this season of eating.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Count me in again. Sorry, I didn't post my weight for Oct. Had my hysterectomy on Nov.1, and forgot, but will look up info to mail to winner. Thank you, Penny "Country1"
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Can someone tell me who won last month? I see someone asked for Cindy's address; was she the winner? I thought I had read all the pages here and I even went back and looked at the end of October's thread but have yet to see a winner annouced. Maybe it was delayed because of all the craziness with the new format? Sorry, I have a headache and am crabby. Someone drank my last Dr Pepper, too. Grrrr
How did you surgery go, Penny?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Penny, are you home already? Those of us who do so will pray for a quick recovery for you.

Went for another massage ( a gift from a friend) and the way out I grabbed two bite size dark Milky Ways. When I started to open one in the car, I remembered no chocolate, so now I have more candy laying around. Even though I have not given up my dark choc, this has been a good taboo because it has made me aware how much other choc I was consuming.
Thank you, Beachbound, for being brave enough to post the taboos.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Cindy was the winner - she lost 20 pounds!!!!
Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Can someone tell me who won last month? I see someone asked for Cindy's address; was she the winner? I thought I had read all the pages here and I even went back and looked at the end of October's thread but have yet to see a winner annouced. Maybe it was delayed because of all the craziness with the new format? Sorry, I have a headache and am crabby. Someone drank my last Dr Pepper, too. Grrrr
Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
The last page of the Oct 2011 thread has the winner, the title of the Oct 2011 thread has the winner, and the second or third entry by me in this thread has the winner. I always post 3 places, and I change and lock the previous month's thread when the winner is announced. For a fast way to see the winner, look up the month of the challenge and read the whole title.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM

The list of participants as of 3:30 central time. I will add anyone else up until midnight tonight. We are at 30 people right now.

1. PurpleMem
2. Createfourpaws
3. Nancia
4. Krisb
5. PamH
6. Murphy1
7. BettyKay
8. Wvhill22
9. Efayard
10. Beachbound
11. Jeannette in NJ
12. Ljs317