Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • JoAnn coupons >
  • JoAnn coupons

• JoAnn coupons

Old 07-27-2009, 04:44 AM

I get flyers and emails from Joann's .........I get the coupons both ways. I just try to stay clear of there unless I go for some specific. I have so much fabric now and when I go there I just want to buy more.

Barb
    Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 AM

coupons online will say whether in store or online. I use my flyer plus the one online if it says in store. Just go to Joann.com and sign up for emails. You will get both if you also signed up at the store,

Barb
    Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM

I signed up two or three times before I finally started receiving the flyers; but they do keep coming if you make sure to have your bar code scanned whenever you are there. Needless to say, I keep the flyers in my purse at all times so I can't forget them when the Joann's stop fits in with our other errands.
    One time I was in the checkout line, and the shopper behind me asked if I had any more coupons she could have. Wow! That's a little nervy! I would offer a coupon to someone else if I knew I couldn't use it before the expiration date, but I would never ask someone for a coupon!
    Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM

JDAVIS.....

Good afternoon. just got online and read the interesting notes about Joann's coupons. I also get them both online and receive them in the mail flyer.....
    and I also was asked by the lady behind me if I was going to use my coupon. I just told her that I might be coming back before it expired....
    That was that.....and at other times, I offered it to someone when I was sure that I wasn't going to use it.

As mentioned before, the online coupons will state that they can be used online and in-store.

Happy coupons everyone.take advantage.....

MJ in NJ
    Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM

i think that most of the email coupons are for online shopping and i won't do that again with joanns. their online quality is very poor (imho). however, i just got email ones for an august 1st expiration date instore, and i'll find something. i just checked. the instore ones are for 40% off. the only 50% one is for framing. maybe their 108" (104" after washing) backing. whenever they give good coupons, they put everything in the store on sale for 25% off, so you can't use the 40% coupons.

has anyone else found that, or just my joanns?
    Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Even if all you get is an extra pkg of sewing machine needles, it is worth 40% off!
    Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM

i get mine from a catalogue

http://store.atlantathread.com/

at wholesale prices. i buy one hundred 14's, and whatever other size i need, like denim or leather. i expect to live a while. and if i die, who cares how many i have? :lol: :lol: :lol:

check out the prices.

EDIT: actually i think it's a gross, not 100.
    Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
    Klue you can sign up for the fliers and then get them too. But you have to have it scanned every so often or they stop sending them and you have to sign up all over.
    That was my problem with the fliers. By the time I made another trip over there, the flier coupon was expired. They eventually stopped sending them to me. The last time I was there, I picked up a flier at the door. The coupon was not to be used until the week AFTER. :?
    Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM

Yes, it does take the fun out of using the coupons, when what you want is on sale for, well, not as nice a price as you could get with the coupon.

I find that I often have a lot of coupons that go unused, because of the "sales". And, at least for the JoAnns in my area, they have raised their price by about $1 / yard across the board within the past year or so, and the holiday fabrics have gone up much more than that.

Their Alexander Henry Christmas fabrics, I think are priced at $11.99. Now I'm sure that they're planning on selling at a mark-down sale price. Still... am I the only one who would rather that they just set it at a fair price and kept it there, so we wouldn't always have to be checking for the "best deal"? Keep it straightforward and simple... ?
    Old 07-29-2009, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
    Originally Posted by kwhite
    Klue you can sign up for the fliers and then get them too. But you have to have it scanned every so often or they stop sending them and you have to sign up all over.
    That was my problem with the fliers. By the time I made another trip over there, the flier coupon was expired. They eventually stopped sending them to me. The last time I was there, I picked up a flier at the door. The coupon was not to be used until the week AFTER. :?
    I get them both - and yes you do have to have them scanned - even if the coupon has expired, I have it scanned - the key is to let them know you are still an active customer

Here is a link to some other online coupons - it even has Hobby Lobby, Michaels and the like coupons here

http://www.mycraftcoupons.com/