Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Thumbs up I love it!

I, for one, love the new Board! I like the look of it--much more modern than the old. I am amazed at how much people are griping and complaining about it--some of them are downright nasty. I am surprised that those kinds of comments have come out of this group of people that I have really begun to enjoy (I just joined relatively recently). I say let them go if they want to--we don't need that kind of negativity here.

I hope everyone will take the time to check out some of the great new features here!

Redrover 0628
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
. Nope. I'm a senior member too, and I'm just a 'girl' still!
Well this 70+ senior is now a junior !! How do I post a smilie ... can't find the icon ???
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter View Post
Well this 70+ senior is now a junior !! How do I post a smilie ... can't find the icon ???
Go to settings--top right; then to general settings--scroll down list on left. Now scroll to Misc settings and check enhanced interface. See below----Make sure to save changes.

[h=3]Miscellaneous Options[/h]<label>Message Editor Interface:</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode2"><input id="rb_vbcode2" tabIndex="1" name="showvbcode" value="2" type="radio"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode0"><input id="rb_vbcode0" tabIndex="1" name="showvbcode" value="0" type="radio"> Basic Editor - A simple text box</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode1"><input id="rb_vbcode1" tabIndex="1" name="showvbcode" value="1" type="radio"> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls</label>

Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM

I love challenges and I'm enjoying poking around this Board to figure out how things work. A big help for me was to go to the "Help Page" that was posted in JPatrice's ANNOUNCEMENT page that I found at the top of the Main Page.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm doing a quick reply to you & don't see any smilies, am I looking in the right place. Thanks Smiles
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Smiles you have the box you are typing in and just above on greyish section is font, size, colour next one along I have a little yellow smiley, its just before the world link icon, do you have that?

Ah just noticed post 204 above Smiles I think that might be your problem as I have changed mine to Full WYSIWYG Editing

Last edited by twinkle; 11-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
Let us face it, we all hate change. BUT learning something new is what keeps us young. You do not toss a new quilt pattern right away because it uses techniques you have never encountered before, do you? No, you rise to the challenge.
I know about change and I tackle it when it's "needed". I just wonder "WHY" this change was needed when the majority was happy with the old format.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM

You know, change is good. Maybe now we can get back to what this board was originally for; quilting and not all of the
additional BS that individuals feel that ALL of us are interested in. It had gotten to the point of the same old topics being
hashed over and over and over again. How many times can one actually look at a featherweight? How many times can
the question of the best machine be answered? The answers are already there, you just have to go into the correct file to
find them. So please, if you feel you don't like something updated, or that you just don't have the time to learn, than
please, by all means leave this site and go learn another new one. Thank you. GiGi
Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
Smiles you have the box you are typing in and just above on greyish section is font, size, colour next one along I have a little yellow smiley, its just before the world link icon, do you have that?

Ah just noticed post 204 above Smiles I think that might be your problem as I have changed mine to Full WYSIWYG Editing
Finally got it. It's great to have everyone helping each other. Thanks again to all. Smiles
Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
I am a Senior member. And I don't have to work hard to be a 'regular'.
I must have missed something - but what determines whether you are a super, senior or junior member?