Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM

This format doesn't seem very user friendly. I don't see what was wrong with the old one.
I can't find my buddy list . Is that gone now?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM

There's nothing I DON'T like. It is different and takes a little getting used to. I think Patrice and the rest of the mods are doing all they can to make this work for everyone. I have been on BB's since the early days (mid 70's) Format's come and go. Some are ever so much more difficult than this one. This is the most comprehensive site (concerning information and helpfulness) that I have ever found. It will be worth the time it takes to climb the learning curve.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 AM

I guess because I love this board so much that I'm not going to say anything about it. Like any new thing it will get better to understand as time goes by.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:00 AM

There seems to be a lot of wasted space on each page. If the ads have to be here, why not post them vertically in the grey space to allow more posts top populate horizonally. That would reduce the number of pages we have to access per forum. There is also a lot of unused white space per message. Perhaps the member section could be reformatted to minimize this.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DeneK View Post
This is the most comprehensive site (concerning information and helpfulness) that I have ever found. It will be worth the time it takes to climb the learning curve.
Unfortunately many of the old members who had loads of information and help to offer are leaving in droves due to the changes and the difficulty to navigate, load pictures, background, etc. I don't think I will be spending much more time here either. In the name of progress the board is losing all that made it great, which are the members who made it "the most comprehensive" quilting board on the net. Too bad. so sad.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

Too much to mention but I lost all my old pm because now you are limited to 500 in the box. I was not able to receive and send any pm. When trying to weed through I ended up deleting everything. The eye strain alone is enough to give me a head ache. This new format is very much like another board I left a long time ago. I hope I will get used to this.

Another member summed it up. I don't like being on here. I am mainly lingering because of the wonderful memories.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 11-04-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Oh for Pete's sake!! You would think your life was coming to an end because you have to learn a new way to do something and its not easy. If half as much time was spend trying to learn to navigate the site rather than complain about it, you'd be much farther ahead.

And since its FREE to you, but still costs to run it..there will be ads.

I'm not very good with computers, so maybe I just don't know enough to complain, but I do know I'm not ENTITLED to anything, so I'll keep struggling til I figure it out and be grateful I still can.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM

I do not like how everyone is blaming the moderators and Patrice, We had NOTHING to do with this change but have to adapt like every one else.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM

Today, Friday, 11/4/11 is the first day I have been able to get on at all. Don't like anything about the board. Guess it will allow me to do more quilting and less time reading though
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Can't figure out how to "bookmark" a page