Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Country1 View Post
Count me in again. Sorry, I didn't post my weight for Oct. Had my hysterectomy on Nov.1, and forgot, but will look up info to mail to winner. Thank you, Penny "Country1"

How are you feeling Penny? Don't push yourself too fast or hard. Move around.

Praying for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Country1................you need to delete some in your inbox/sent folders. I went to send you my snail mail address to save you looking up the winner but it wouldn't let me send it to you. You have too many in your mailbox.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Penny, are you home already? Those of us who do so will pray for a quick recovery for you.

Went for another massage ( a gift from a friend) and the way out I grabbed two bite size dark Milky Ways. When I started to open one in the car, I remembered no chocolate, so now I have more candy laying around. Even though I have not given up my dark choc, this has been a good taboo because it has made me aware how much other choc I was consuming.
Thank you, Beachbound, for being brave enough to post the taboos.
Your welcome! I think our taboos can be like Lent...you decide what & how much to give up. If you don't want to give up ALL of your chocolate, you can give up 1 piece a day...or give up MILK chocolate not dark, etc. As long as we are more aware of what we are eating, we win!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Trying diff things

Judy,No.w..no pop for me & no artificial sweeteners at all....never.They give me migraines.Do take BP & cholesterol Meds..don.t know if they cause me to hang on to the Pds.Will look for that mag....in fact I'll be in the library tomor.Cal count today is1310 &that is high for me.Hate weighing in & no loss. I walked the mall today....slow for sure, but didn'stop & hopefully it qall helps.Thanks for your suggestions.I appreciate it.I bought lemons to add to my water.".QUOTE=irishrose;4623859]Jeanne, this week is no chocolate - last week was no Halloween candy. How are you doing? Is your husband any bettter? I'll send you a PM.

Xylie, gaining weight is all our worst fear, but you've caught it and with your strength you will get it back off. Drop the sentence "I may not make it". Our bodies respond to what we tell them. If yours hears the 'may not' then you're setting yourself for failure. That being said, I do think 10 pounds is too high a goal for a month, but you go, girl. You're tougher than I am.

Patti, 10 1/2 pounds in 2 months is a perfect weight loss. If you've been stuck for three weeks, then you need to change something. I can't remember - are you drinking pop? Are you using artificial sweeteners? If your library has the Oct 31 issue of First magazine, it has an article about Dr Moreno's 17 day diet. After a detox period, you eat 1200 calories one day and more on the alternate days. I have been doing it and maintaining a 3 1/2 pound loss, which is a lot for me. I personally feel I'm going to have to make my 'food' days further apart to lose more weight. I'm ready to try a heavy food day every third day. 1200 calories is quite a bit of food if you chose wisely - this coming from someone addicted to chocolate. I didn't give up all my chocolate for this week - just restricted the amount and even that was tough yesterday.

Cindy, soft tissue pain hurts. Orthopedic pain is rough - I'm in a huge flare right now, but it's easier for me to override than any soft tissue pain. I wish a quick recovery for you.

I'm wishing all of us a healthy eating day with the right amount of good food, exercise and water. "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels." Our mantra to get us through this season of eating.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy[/QUOTE]
Old 11-04-2011, 03:45 AM

Good morning everyone! I'm trying a higher calorie count for a couple days then will go back to 1200 and hope that registers in my brain to lose weight. Part of my problem right now with all the doctoring nobody has told me if I'm still diabetic or if I just have a seizure disorder. I go see both docs again next week and that's going to be the first words out of my mouth. Hubby is doing better. Almost done with his meds and getting stronger everyday. Praise the Lord. That was a scary lupus flare. Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Ah, the taboo for the week. I've only had 1 piece of chocolate and that was when I was when I was trying to get sugar in my system to stop one of my episodes. Otherwise I haven't had any chocolate at al. I think I'll make it through untill next week without it.

Well my dogs are telling me it's feeding time and med time so I better go. My prayers are with you all. Will try to check in later. Not used to this new thread yet!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Whew!!!! I finally navigated my way to this thread. I thought I was lost for always. It feels good to accomplish something new. I am not getting any email notifications. Will have to find out why. Taboo to chocolate is not a problem for me I don't even like the way it smells (same with coffee, i hate the way it smells also).
Beautiful weather here and I am walking more this week. drinking more water too. Hoping more, wishing more, praying more, all thinks considered life is getting better with each breath I take. If I would just loose a little more weight faster. I am keeping faith in myself.
Lisa
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 AM

No sure why you are not getting notifications. Perhaps checking your settings will find something. I would scroll all the way down on the sides. Hope you get this.
Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Whew!!!! I finally navigated my way to this thread. I thought I was lost for always. It feels good to accomplish something new. I am not getting any email notifications. Will have to find out why. Taboo to chocolate is not a problem for me I don't even like the way it smells (same with coffee, i hate the way it smells also).
Beautiful weather here and I am walking more this week. drinking more water too. Hoping more, wishing more, praying more, all thinks considered life is getting better with each breath I take. If I would just loose a little more weight faster. I am keeping faith in myself.
Lisa
Old 11-04-2011, 10:00 AM

wow!! it took me forever to catch up with you guys! now that i'm a "super member" i thought i could fly to the site. hmmm.... wonder what my super powers are? should i put an SQ on my chest for Super Quilter? or just squirrel? so young and so many questions! LOL. first, i want my ticker back!!GRRRRR! second, i GAINED last month. sure, i had issues which got lost in the switch from one board to the other, but i didn't expect to GAIN!! my mom is starting the slow road to the end as she has now refused to eat for several days. she will starve to death, by her choice, and if that seems harsh, try to remember that she will be medicated and kept comfortable. she is now unintelligible and with the alzheimer's doesn't recognize much, or anyone. she's just tired and ready to be with my dad and her lost children. they have accepted her into hospice care. we never got along very well, but, she is still my mother, so there are lots of screwy emotions fluttering around. i find in times of stress i either overeat, or literally, can't eat. i am trying to find a healthy path and so far it is eluding me. missy-- prayers, thoughts and love to you, your brother and family. i hope it will all come to be ok, soon. mj-- i guess you're off bed rest now? cindy-- i still have to question the use of medical removal of parts as a weight loss method, lol, but if it works i have still a few parts i'd give to lose weight! not really an arm and a leg, but close. how much does a gallbladder weigh?lol ! i've already given up the prime cuts! if i'd only known i needed them in the future i might have tried harder to hold on! probably not a fair trade for just some fabric... wait, what am i saying??!!! of course, it is! so, congratulations! use the fabric in good health ! and please pm your address. xylie-- i am going to meet your challenge , dang you! couldn't you have made it a little less? i have to re-lose what i gained back last month, and lose more. aiyee, i can do it!! i am doing it! i am losing. i am in control. it is up to me! we can all do this one 'little' thing for ourselves. now, the hard part.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 AM

My mom went the same way.Hospice came out to the house and hooked up the morophine drip and she just went out gracefully her way with dignity.No better way to go.I know the 10 pound is a bitch,but we are along enough now we can do it.I got to get back down to where I was and so do you.I got hungry last night 2 times really bad,and I got a huge mug of decalf coffee and drank it.It stayed off the pangs for 3 hrs each time.So I know we can do it.I lost 35 pounds one summer by drinking a huge mug of chicken stock every day with a few crackers.So am doing that again.Good luck ladies.I got to go to town today.Will check back this evening.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Nancia - I pray for you and your mother that she will be at peace in the end. I know it is hard the Hospice folks will keep her comfortable.

I am still battling with the pain from my surgery. Pulmonary Rehab has not started, they are waiting on insurance approval. I hope to start next week. This cold front that came thru is the reason for my increased pain.