Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM

I like the archive feature ... but wish it also had on it when it was first posted.

Otherwise when I look under main it isn't as easy to spot when someone first posted and the information I want.

ali
Old 11-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by sandyquiltz View Post
There's a great FAQ that answers a lot of questions. I scroll down to the parts I need & try a little bit at a time.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display

So I guess I would say that the part about the new board that I don't like is the sadness I feel when members have the tools available to make it easier for them but aren't giving it a try.
well, we've been told to read 'important announcement;' 'QB help;' 'positive comments;' 'negative comments;' and now FAQ....i object to the fact that they did not do this well and waiting for all of us to stumble on the right answers to everyone's questions is exactly what has made it so difficult... if they had opened with the FAQ from their testers and basic instructions so we could locate our favorite parts, then a lot more people might be further along. they have renamed existing functions without telling us, some functions have disappeared, and maybe the new functions they put on are great, but we have to wait for someone to find it and spread the word... it is not asking too much for a little head's up when the whole site is going to change appearance (i thought the white got better, but today it appears to be back) and okay, i can get used to using the word 'subscription' incorrectly, but where is all the quilt info? it's been 4 days and someone would be back to discussing their quilts instead of site bashing... they took away a site that worked, and replaced it with one that is frustrating and they are still telling us to 'look around,' 'explore,' etc., but that isn't what we came for....they did this to us, stop blaming the users.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by sandyquiltz View Post
There's a great FAQ that answers a lot of questions. I scroll down to the parts I need & try a little bit at a time.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display

So I guess I would say that the part about the new board that I don't like is the sadness I feel when members have the tools available to make it easier for them but aren't giving it a try.
well, we've been told to read 'important announcement;' 'QB help;' 'positive comments;' 'negative comments;' and now FAQ....i object to the fact that they did not do this well and are waiting for all of us to stumble on the right answers to everyone's questions is exactly what has made it so difficult... if they had opened with the FAQ from their testers and basic instructions so we could locate our favorite parts, then a lot more people might be further along. they have renamed existing functions without telling us, some functions have disappeared, and maybe the new functions they put on are great, but we have to wait for someone to find it and spread the word... it is not asking too much for a little head's up when the whole site is going to change appearance (i thought the white got better, but today it appears to be back) and okay, i can get used to using the word 'subscription' incorrectly, but where is all the quilt info? it's been 4 days and someone would be back to discussing their quilts instead of site bashing... they took away a site that worked, and replaced it with one that is frustrating and they are still telling us to 'look around,' 'explore,' etc., but that isn't what we came for....they did this to us, stop blaming the users.

and while we're at it, where is FAQ? you gave us a link and I thank you for that, but i would have to come back to this thread to locate it the next time something comes up... i have not seen the button or heard it referred to previously ... thank you for the link, but we do need its location...

Last edited by deemail; 11-04-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
I like the archive feature ... but wish it also had on it when it was first posted.

Otherwise when I look under main it isn't as easy to spot when someone first posted and the information I want.

ali
please help, i keep hearing that archive has some features that will help, but i have looked for it several times and cannot see it... i realize it may be there, but where did you find it????
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
please help, i keep hearing that archive has some features that will help, but i have looked for it several times and cannot see it... i realize it may be there, but where did you find it????
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find Contact Us, Archive, Privacy Statement, Terms of Service, Top.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM

It's at the bottom of the page between Contact Us and Privacy Statement... just click on the word, Archive.

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 AM

I don't like it either. Too much stuff on the page, can't tell if I've already read the topic, I don't want to read all the latest responses when I've already read several. I guess I just don't like anything about this new. look. the other one was so much more user friendly.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find Contact Us, Archive, Privacy Statement, Terms of Service, Top.
THANK YOU... i swear i have read the 'bottom of the page' a dozen times trying to find it every time someone would say that's where it was... i had decided that it was on the bottom of some area's pages because this is the FIRST time i actually found it....thank you and my other commentors for helping.....
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM

I don't like that it takes so long to go from page to page. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I timed going from one page to the next and it was over a minute to load. I never had this problem with the old format. Again, it could be me not doing something right. I don't have the time to wait for the pages to load up. I have DSL and anything else I go to on the internet loads quickly. Anybody else having this problem?
Brenda R.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

deemail, you are very welcome.