Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by uniquedesigner View Post
This is my first Doll Quilt Swap too. I have been looking and collecting Mini Patterns for a long time. The best book that covers everything is "Marvelous Miniatures by Rodale's Successful Quilting Library" I love these books. If you have all of there library( I just about do) You would not need anymore books. The book on Mini has 11 or more patterns. Great informations what tools, what kind of fabric works best. And all of the techniques to use piecing, paper piecing, foundation piecing etc. Look up this book on google. Maybe this will help. I love this Library of books for quilting.
I acquired the Miniature book of this series from a board member this summer. It is a wonderful resource book. Keep finding your way around the new board. What bothers me most about the change is how long it has taken me to find everything, but each day it gets better. I finally was able to post Oct DQ pictures and yeah, they came through!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Thumbs up Found the pairings on page 10

Found my partner and sent her a PM!

Everyone: Please don't give up on QB! Everything is here, we just have to find it again, and we will! Now, whether I'll ever be able to post a picture again or not......
Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 AM

Default Broken link

Originally Posted by Chele View Post
It's so fun to have readers of my blog. I ramble, but I'm so happy you stopped by!
Hi All, I have been following the DQ threads, sounds like a very nice group of friends... Since the DQ's have made me curious, I have been reading the old threads and clicked on Cheles' e-book, it wouldn't open, any suggestions?
Thanks...
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I acquired the Miniature book of this series from a board member this summer. It is a wonderful resource book. Keep finding your way around the new board. What bothers me most about the change is how long it has taken me to find everything, but each day it gets better. I finally was able to post Oct DQ pictures and yeah, they came through!
OK, lady, tell us about how you posted pics! And, how you changed the font and color of your post!

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Lets see how this works......lol..... guess with all the hoopla about changeing over the board I missed this month. But girls .... next month (wait do we swap in Dec.?) I want in .... if not I want in in Jan. Maybe by then the chemo will let me sew again ..... and has anyone got an email to notify of activity on the doll swaps? Just wondering!!!!!! Missin my sewing machine and friends here. But doing better each day ...... hugs to all ..... Crazy Quiltin Robin
Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Muv

Chele - I posted my quilt to oldcatlady today, and now I've seen posts from people who haven't been able to track their partners yet. Seeing as I am way ahead of myself this month, if anyone is stuck for a partner I should be able to do a second little quilt. Chele, let me know if anyone has been left in the lurch. What a frightful mess!

Crazy Quiltin Robin - Nice to see you looking in. Chaos since you were last here. Perhaps you might like to be my second partner...what do you say, Chele, me and CQRobin?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
OK, lady, tell us about how you posted pics! And, how you changed the font and color of your post!

Thanks!
To change fonts etc.--Go to Forum Actions. Click on General Settings. Scroll down to Misc Options. Select Enhanced Interface. ( I beleive the default is Basic Editor.)
When your reply box pops up you will have options for font as in any word processer program. This is Comic Sans font; size 3; color Indigo.

To add pics in the thread. Click Reply. Your have 3 choices with the blue buttons in lower rt corner. Select Go Advanced. Scroll down to Additional Options. Do you see Attachments and Manage Attachments? Click on Man Att. A dialog box will pop up. I selected Upload from Computer. Go to Browse and select your pic as you did in the old version. Click Upload blue button. A message shows that you are uploading and when finished you close this window out of the dialog box. Notice that the Manage Attachment box has a maximum size of your attachment can be whether a pic or a pdf. I am not sure if we are limited to the total size of our attachments. Out of habit when I was on dial up I down size my pics so they would transfer quicker and most of my pics are around 1K.

Good luck folks!

Last edited by oksewglad; 11-04-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: clarify instructions
Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

When you get lost and are in doubt; always "Go Home" and your screen will show the forums we have loved in the past.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 PM

Muv, I'll keep you in mind for an extra quilt. Thanks! So far, I've had only one person drop out. I just hope everyone is searching and finding this thread. The partner pairings are on page 10.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
When you get lost and are in doubt; always "Go Home" and your screen will show the forums we have loved in the past.
Thank you so much for your tips. They are so helpful. I hadn't figured out how to post a picture yet. Your instructions were so clear. I successfully posted last months DQ on the October thread for practice. Thanks again.