Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM

All the complaining. I may come back next month when all the bugs are worked out. There's too much negativity on the boards right now.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM

I miss unread topics. I got up in the morning, made a cup of tea, clicked on qb. I checked the unread topics and the pdas of my friends. Both of those are gone or will be gone. I have been a member a long time. I don't mind change if it is for the better. I've noticed that most who are comfortable are newbies. I am not going to leave, but I won't be spending nearly as much time here. I am sad that I have to spend so much time trying to just find my way around instead of enjoying everyone's work and friendships.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:03 PM

now i guess i don't like the fact that i deleted one of my posts after editing produced an extra copy...there was a delete button, i used it but now they are both there... 'new and improved'...
Old 11-04-2011, 12:05 PM

I don't like that you can no longer tell if you have already read a post. Rereading the same ones is a waste of time. It would be nice if they changed color after you read them like the old board
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Although I'm a little more used to the new format, I totally agree with the members that don't like it for various reasons. The only way I've been able to even FIND the board at all, is to go to an older e-mail notification update, I'm not getting updates notices. I've e-mailed Patrice yesterday to see why we don't or am I supposed to be getting them and I'm not, I haven't gotten a response from her or any other moderator.

I've been on the board quite a number of years but have never seen such an "unfriendly user" format, anyway I'll try to muddle through, but I won't be spending the amount of time on the board that I used to, the white background gives me a headache and it's time consuming to find things.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM

One reason I have not been on so much is the fact I am totally not keen on any of the new format, too bright and not the easiest to navigate!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lindacan View Post
Can't figure out how to "bookmark" a page
Patrice has done a downloadable illustrated tutorial on bookmarks and subscriptions (watched topics). http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t165767.html
Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Aside from being very slow - I have to scroll from side to side to read any posts at all - it is making me dizzy. Waiting on a picture to load might take 5 Solitare games and I am not fast. Waiting for a picture to load has also frozen up my computer and I have actually had to unplug it to "unfreeze" it. Not happy at all.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Easier to search for posters that aren't on your contact list. Click members list at top and look for poster alphabetically. Much faster than using search.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

The posts are harder to read, don't know if it is the white background or the type is smaller. I have dial up and it is twice as slow as it use to be probably because of the graphics. TRYING to figure where everything is.....